Are they a lost cause?

Hopefully ours can prosper as much as yours have, if they looked like the ones we have now I would hope they could be.

So this was our attempt @ a “clone bubbler” or “aero clone bubbler” confused on the proper name? but honestly everything was rather easy to grab & you were right! There was more than enough info between youtube + google… local hardware store (i.e Lowes, Home Depot,Walmart) … Okay so we made a few repetitive trips regarding the lights…apparently they must be pretty scarce here… luckily we were able to come across a small fixture behind the plumbing dept w/ the exact size T5 bulb in it that we were looking for; so we nabbed 2. Everything is setup & running, better than we thought actually lol thank you so much for the input. It’s only been a few hrs since the setup but call me crazy they already are looking a little better!.. the vein details in the leaves are def more prominent :smiley:

So we cut the clones, slight trimming of apparent dead leaves since some were beginning to die off (left some yellow that may come back, had a few that already started so let em’ do their thing we thought. ) Slight cuts w/ razor blade to expose white membrane of stems, two were struggling from transplant to bubbler so stems were cut on a 45° angle. Clonex rooting gel on cuts, we let em’ sit in the bubbler for a few min before turning it on so gel could take before being washed off. We had ran the bubbler for an hr or so before putting the clones in so it was good & ready. We last checked the water temp it was 72°… So what do you think?? :smiley: hopefully this can be like a small hospital for them, from everything I’ve read it seemed pretty simple, but you would know better than I lol

Here ya go this is what your looking for I believe,
Hope this helps

Will

https://www.hydroponics.net/i/131697

Yes! perfect lol thanks. I saw a lot of good reviews on the Bluelab meters but they can be pretty pricey. Do you or anyone on the site you know, know about a cheaper brand thats pretty accurate?

That’s all I use it’s great stuff. I’em on my 2nd purchase.
I know you will like it also.

not that bad in price…lol

Will

Alrighty then, I guess we’ll be getting a Bluelab. Probably more beneificial to find a combo meter anyway and they had some good ones I saw… decent price cough cough lol.

So checked on the plants this afternoon once their light period started & seems they have taken a sudden turn for the worst :frowning: they’re showing signs of dropping, while looking up symptoms of nutrient problems checked the water temp & it was 66°. I know the temp generally drops during the night, so we anticipated on buying a heating pad but unfortunately had no luck in stores, all sold out. I hope we’re not losing them? lol cuz that would totally suck. I originally had a small fan & humidifier setup but turned off because it didn’t seem needed yet, smh… suggestions? :frowning:

What’s your watering schedule could be to much or to little

Will p.s pic’s work wounders

Sorry forgot to post em’ we haven’t watered them as of yet since putting into the bubbler. Should we be doing them on a regular watering sched like veg? that’s what we were doing up to this point

seriously dude start over.
I’d never waste valuable grow time to nurse sick plants.
By the time you at least saved them a nice auto flower could have it in the pipe.
It’s your choice of course,but I always go for the for sure method rather than the desperate one.

Okay I hear ya, I was hoping to make at least a little progress w/ these until the new seeds came but I am thinking they may be too far gone now… smh. It’s frustrating but I def will keep trying to learn this stuff. Thanks for the input

I still say learn on these now. If you haven’t learned how to keep a plant healthy and happy, then you will just have the same problems down the line and just kill your much more expensive genetics later.

Also, even a struggling normal photo period plant will often still be stronger smoke than autoflowers.

And besides, there is nothing wrong with growing a couple of your new seeds as soon as you get them and still use these plants you have now to learn form and make sure you don’t repeat the same mistakes on your other plants.

2 Likes

I definitely agree! I can admit was a little discouraged after waking up to see them that way but we’ve been spending the last few hrs trying to get at least some kindve meter to test for ph, tds etc to help diagnose we were able to find a cheapy ph test. It’s showing now the levels were 6.6 from what I was reading tht may be too high? gonna go to the store in the a.m for solutions to help adjust ph. Since taking the photos water temp is now 68°. Newly purchased heating pad doesn’t seem to really be doing the trick so I’ve been trying to raise the temp° with hot water bottles lol…its working slowly… idk I feel maybe they were just cold? I also didnt realize I wasn’t to keep the bubbler on during the dark duration & the temp did go down during the night so my trial & error I guess. I’m def keeping them, already decided. puttting my foot down lol It’s 8 plants. Best case at least one survives right? Worst case they all die… :frowning: BUT new seeds are on zee way! lol thanks for your feedback, very helpful.

• This site is great! :smiley:

Knowing your pH and EC/TDS/PPM is paramount for a trouble free grow, in soil or hydro. No getting around this, but look at amazon and e-bay, they have $10-$20ish pH and TDS meters that will work very well, the rating and reviews will likely point you to affordable products with a good measuring accuracy. If you get a TDS/PPM meter make sure it reads well above 999PPM and has temperature compensation.

Actually you absolutely should keep your air bubbles running 100% of the time. The more dissolved oxygen the better.

And in fact temps of 68F in hydro is pretty close to perfect, I prefer about 70F and you don’t really want to go much above 75* as the dissolved oxygen levels will drop off way too much, water is not able to hold dissolved oxygen at higher temps. The pH target for hydro is 5.8, and its best to keep it not ever a whole lot lower, never much below 5.5, at 5.4 the acidity can cause root damage and you don’t really want it above 6.2 either.

Also, reading a ton of different stuff on you-tube and various internet forum is not always the best way to get your information. I know, why should you trust me more than any of the others, and after all I did recommend looking to you tube for tutorials on making bubble cloners, well, I don’t necessarily have a good answer for you, lol. But I think my history here does kind of speak for itself and Latewood and I do have years of experience between us. I am more the new school LEDs and all the new hydro stuff, but he does hydro as well and has tons of commercial greenhouse growing experience.

Did you cut your plants, or do they still have the roots, just rinsed off before putting in the hydro?

Warmer temps can help rooting develop faster, as long as you are keeping the dissolved oxygen high enough, if not, aerobic bacteria will build up and can cause root rot or pythium.

2 Likes

Agree with MacGyverStoner 100%. The learning curve is sharp when you are just starting out but hard lessons are valuable ! You are already learning a LOT more than you knew and then when your expensive seeds come in, you mig not be as frantic if something goes wrong (pH, Nute Deficiency, watering problem, etc) Keep in contact with this support , site! My first grow I stumbled through and still managed to do fair with no equipment ! My grow now (I call it my first OFFICIAL indoor grow) has a tent, fan and filter system 432 watt , , CO2 enhancement and good nutes. I had almost none of these for my first grow and really struggled. Pics of my plants are in some of my posts if you want to look them up. Two WW and one AK-47 growing like crazy ! .

The lessons I struggled though in my first attempt made this grow much easier. Then again, stay in contact with Latewood, Macstoner and the other helpful people in this forum. The better your plants get, the more different problems you can run into . That being said, with experienced growers as here, most problems can be taken care of pretty quickly.

Keep letting us know how you are doing. Love to see a new grower getting more knowledge and get a good harvest. Good Luck

TxGrowman

2 Likes

That was well said Txgrowman I agree 100%

Will

1 Like

Yeah I’m finding the slightest change in levels make all the difference, we were able to find an aquatic heater so now the water temp remains 70° just that alone we have noticed a new leaf sprouting already! Its only been a few days since putting them in the bubbler but I’ve ordered a tds combo meter so it should arrive any day now then we can get more accurate level readings, I made sure it was above the 999ppm as Mac recommended also.You guys have been super helpful alongside the grow bible & some other literature I had, I didn’t really check youtube until making the bubbler so most of my info I was getting from two books and another website I stumbled across. They weren’t as helpful as this one so very glad came across ILGM, since this was like an accidental grow we barely had any supplies so between Mac, Latewood & everyone we definitely could use all the input :slight_smile: I know my bf mentioned buying a grow tent so I would kinda want LEDs for it rather than the cfls we have now, saw a few nice setups.
The roots are still intact on like 2 or 3 plants however & the remaining were cut. All were lightly rinsed off, applied Clonex rooting gel then put in hydro.

I was worried about humidity, I havent received the monitors yet to check but I’m sure thats causing a problem also. Until then I’m keeping close eye on em’ to watch for bacteria & other changes.

How are they doing? Any new pics?

Hey,
Took a hiatus while gathering more supplies for our grow area, unfortunately we weren’t able to do it in time to save the majority of our plants. As of last week sometime we lost our very last one, smh​:pensive:. It was hard, we’ve been mourning lol… Brighter side of things I’m still very pleased, no regrets just learned a lot. I’ll see if we still have a pic of the last one before it demised & I’ll try to upload later on. Everyone was shocked we were able to keep em’ going as long as they did atleast :slight_smile:

• Side note our seeds arrived & were destroyed so waiting on replacement seeds in the meantime we’ve purchased our grow tent so this will be more helpful in controlling the environment. Our space before just was inadequate, our walk-in was drafty and really no way for proper ventilation unless we monitored them constantly and even then they still wound up dying in there. We have a small propagation setup inside for now so I’m test running my tomatoes until our Silver Haze gets to us👍

Sorry to hear that. I am in a shitty spot as far as growing goes if that makes you feel better. At least you learned quite a bit hopefully and got the basics for growing now, it should come easier now. Who knows maybe the seeds you got were just a bad strain or poor genetics, you should be better off from here on out. Good luck on your next grow. What made you choose the Silver haze?

1 Like

Is silver haze a good smoke ?

how do i save a seedling? the small pot overturned and now the tiny seedling is bent over and very delicate wont stand up tried to put a stick to try and prop it but it will not stay put. i transplanted it into another container.