Are these type of leaves ok to cut off?

Just needed some insight whether or not I can cut these two enormous leaves that are below the plant. These were some of the first leaves to grow when the plant begin going into the veg stage.

I already cut a few bottom leaves that were with the plant from the very beginning, seeing that the plant focuses it’s energy on the new branches growing,

1 Like

I always cut leaves that touch the dirt. Your plant will be just fine.

2 Likes

Yes you can most certainly take them off if this is a photo plant i never sweat plucking leafs or a good defoliation they have time to rebound i in all honesty would be concerned tho with how bad the entire plant is drooping tho thats not normal

3 Likes

I’ve had some tell me it looks healthy but I was curious why it was also. I’ve tried to see what drooping could possibly mean.

I’ve also possibly thought I could be over watering. But I use a sprayer to help prevent the possibility of over watering.

1 Like

Isn’t it a bit late to use the sprayer? Should be giving them water till a bit of runoff to remove excess salts

1 Like

First thing i thought looking at the plant was over watered. Give her a break on the water. Wait until shes light before you water.

There could be alot of other factors involved. Fill out a support ticket and alot of great growers will chime in.

1 Like

Copy and paste this in a response and fill out the ticket we can move forward from there

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Hey @An-Cap1776 Ive never grown an auto, I assume thats what she is. Any leaves that turn completely yellow I remove. Yours don’t look that bad. I’ll be curious what others, smarter about indoors than me have to say about the curly ones on top.

These are feminized Trainwreck. According to what ILGM packaging label said. But I removed two more larger leaves to help light penetrate through the canopy

2 Likes

Photo? Prune what you like with photo within reason. Just gonna get bushier. Auto not so much. Joy of photo…veg long as want…flip WHENEVER you want. If not mature they will mature under 12/12. Have 1 I stuck in flower tent at 4 nodes or so. She is just starting her stretch a month later.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve only cut 4 leaves so far. Two last week and two this week as they were getting big and in the way. Definitely won’t cut anything else off until I really need to.

Your plants are suffering heavily from light stress. Either dim your lights or raise them to lower your ppfd. The leaves then will start to raise to a horizontal plane. They’re literally “running” from the light

2 Likes

I did have my light a but low when I made this post. I did turn the lighting up a few days ago, but also raised the light as well. Might raise it a little more in this case though! Also since this post, she looks way better now!

2 Likes

Awesome