Are these trichomes ready?

Thank you @TLC
I do have one question about that, I’ve read somewhere that if the tri’s start to turn amber that you start loosing THC and it starts to turn to CBN? Not sure but just wondering

2 Likes

I’m no pro at this but ya that is a fair fact. The question is when does that process start of losing thc. My last plant I was concerned about the amount of ambers that were there but they were mostly on the leaves so I ignored them and went off of the cloudiness of the trichomes on the bud itself. The smoke is fantastic no couch lock just a great buzz.

2 Likes

This is the ambers i ignored they are mainly on the leaves. I let the plant go some more all worked out good. Maybe this can help you or really confuse ya🤔

2 Likes

Use your flash to get a good pic with right colors

2 Likes

U should b using ur flash for all ur pics, night r day. Night shots r a great way to get some beautiful pics, but it’s hard as hell to decipher details, such as trichs, because it’s hard as hell to get a good closeup. By using ur flash during daylight hours, the trichs, n bud will reflect the details of ur buds nuances, n colors. Resulting n much better pics.

2 Likes

I have tried to figure out the flash, if the lights are on in the tent, the flash won’t work, and the full spectrum lights make everything look dark purple. Flash works if the tent lights are off, and can’t find a button to make it work all the time.
But here are some pics of my 13 young ladies with the tent lights off.

@DEEPDIVERDAVE
@TLC
@ShockDog
@beachglass
@AlienBrew
@Myfriendis410

4 Likes

I totally feel this. Of all of the user interfaces, the ones related to cameras and photography are generally the least user friendly.

Those plants look AWESOME, dude! (From what I can see without a flash, anyway :laughing:)
But your setup and your posts are seriously making me interested in hydro! Those plants look like they are doing GREAT!

Nice Grow plants look good.

1 Like

In Veg I can make the ladies scream, but flower is where I’m lacking. With the help of this form I hope to put that behind me. Already have had some excellent advice, put some into play, and working on some others.
Again, thank you

1 Like

I think that’s where most folks hit some difficulty, my brother. You are not alone. By a long shot.

Light meter from amazon

UNI-T UT383 Light Meter Lux Meter

Allowed me to set the lights at desired DLI.
The Vipar Spectra V1200 is half as good as the 350R, but twice the size.
The Kil-a-Watt meter will define your power performance and LUX will determine best height for performance.
Better lights will make better flowers, not necessarily, better growers.
I have an excess of older, Vipar Spectras, purchased years ago, before my baptism to the forum.
V300 does a 2x2 tent w/ 50Klux at 10 inches.
The V600 and R900 keep second 4x4 tent warm.
the Vipar V1200 at 15 inches, does 4 sq ft of 50K

Did those trichomes come from those plants?

1 Like

I will look into the meter, and no the trichromes were from different plants, these pics were from my babies

A forum thread for your reading, my winter experiment.
Better lights needed and I am almost quitting indoor grow, maybe.
Summer is fine, maybe. PNW life. Left the mountains in 76.
Water guy. DDD & USN

@Mntmannw don’t know if I understand ur question. R you looking for new lights??? Or r u looking to take some pics during lights out??
If ur looking for lights I’m not ur man, u’ll get inundated with advice from A ago Z, n large. If u want to take some pics n ur tent after lights out, check out the computer. There r plenty of videos, pics, n how to’s, I’m sure u can find what ur looking for.
Also charts for lighting, light height n coverage, r also easily accessible. Good luck to you, I wish u nothing but big beautiful buds. Peace :v:

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how to make my camera flash with the lights on, it flash’s just fine with lights off.

Amnesia Haze

3 Likes

Gold Leaf

3 Likes

Grandmommy Purple

3 Likes

On my I phone, I’ll tap the camera from the available apps, n up pops the camera ready to take a pic. On the top of the camera r these 4 symbols…

If I tap the arrow n the middle, this pops up…

Tap the lightning bolt n ur flash options open

Tap the on, n ur flash setting is on until turned off. If u got a different phone, I’ll b of no help, like I said my caretaker took care of business for me. These types of things r above my pay grade…
When looking for amber u want to concentrate on the flower itself, the surrounding leaves don’t tell the truth. From the pics posted, the Gold Leaf pic is ur best shot, ur other pics, not so much. I can’t tell where they came from, n if ur far enough along amber is found fairly easily, on leaves surrounding ur flower. Keep on keeping on, @Mntmannw u gotz skillz fo sure

2 Likes