Are these stems to long? Stretching?

So idk what’s going on my stems seem to be long but they get enough light. They are only 6 days old from popping out of the soil on the 23rd.
Is this normal looking?

stems are about 2 1/2 inch long

2 Likes

As long as the seedlings aren’t falling over, they will be fine. In fact, it will make watering a bit easier when they get bigger, as the leaves won’t be touching the soil.

As for why they are stretching? Without knowing what your setup is, I can only assume that either the light is hung rather high, or it isn’t very powerful.

They look good though. Good luck!

2 Likes

Also, if you have any issues in the future, here is a support ticket that will help everyone diagnose your babies!

Support Ticket

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Yes stretching, and most likely from light. I wouldn’t panic though… having them stand tall at first then bringing the light closer to adjust your node spacing is nice. I have one I trained really low and she’s miserable to water.

2 Likes

Small fan with a little airflow make the seedlings jiggle a bit will help to make Stems stronger.

4 Likes

The strain is WW Auto from ilgm
It is a mix of coco loco and fox farm ocean forest
It’s a home made grow tent 3x5
The ph of yesterday’s run off was at 6.2
Indoor
Light is 300 watts mars hydro fc-e3000 hanging 24 inches at 25% power
They have been on 24 hours of light with temps between 73f and 78f
RH has been stable between 60-70%
I have a AC Infinity venting to the attic
I have a humidifier running
No co2
@Kilgoretrout

2 Likes

I’ll leave the recommendation on actual light height and power to someone more experienced there. But I’d say either turn it up or lower it and watch those babies to see their response. If they look happy stick with it, sad adjust it again.

We’d love to see the homemade space too. We all enjoy looking other setups, especially DIY!

Yes it is stretching
Check your light
Might be too high
Happy growing

1 Like

I’ve dropped the light down to 12 inches from the top of the leaves also lowered the dimmer down to the lowest settings. Guess we shall see what happens. I don’t have a par meeter but it would be useful to know just how much my babies are getting. To bad a good one is out of my budget. I might look into using my ipad

A lil , window?

I’ll tag in @dbrn32 here. He is very knowledgeable. I’m not familiar with your light and how it functions.

1 Like

@Kilgoretrout

2 Likes

I have heard others say their mars drivers fall flat on their face when dimmed much. May be reason enough to try opposite, turn light up and raise it some.

2 Likes

Your light is too low at 25%. They need more.

1 Like

I second this 25% of 300 is only like 75 watts. Turn that sucker on full blast. I start mine under a 600 watt MH

I moved the light up to 2 feet and is at 75% and I’ll slowly increase it to 100 over the next couple days.

3 Likes

I think all the light manuals say to start at a lower percentage. I followed this to the T and also had a plant that started to get lanky on me. Cranked all my lights to 100% and haven’t had that problem since.