Are these pre-flowers?

First time grower :blush: Outside grow with unknown seeds got a late start, but are these pre-flowers? Plants are about 5-6 wks old.

@Lomalley. No. Not yet.
:v:

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I’ll keep watching!!

1 Like

Something that I heard a long time ago in simpler times before all the fancy genetic and strains so I might be full of it, but here goes. A plant reaches sexual maturity when the branching switches from opposite to alternate branching. So long as the branching remains opposite you won’t be able to tell the sex.

Outside this late in the year it should start flowering as soon as it’s mature enough. Males mature faster so easier to tell sooner.

2 Likes

Good to know, I’ll check for that!

Happy to hear!:crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

How about this, is this something good?! Do you see that little bit of white?

Well thats a girl for sure :+1:
Take note the branching is not alternating

This is the very beginning of mannabis this is clearly girly hairs

2 Likes

:clap:t2: Yay!! My first girl!! :clap:t2:

1 Like

Does this one look like a girl too?!

1 Like

Newb question from a fellow Mitten grower. What is the difference between opposite and alternative branching? My plants have all branched in pairs from day one. 1st pair run North South, next pair East West, 3rd North South, and upward. Thanks in advance for the enlightenment.

2 Likes

Notice how your branching is different from this picture I took of one of my plants that recently started flowering

See how the branching is no longer in pairs, two going East/west, next two going north south, but one branch growing, then another, then another.

Makes it hard topping mature plants because cutting off the top doesn’t do anything but stalls out growth. When it starts growing again there will be but one top.

1 Like