Are these harmful to the plant

It looks like it could be these

The soil was flooded with them! I poked the top of the soil and they started coming out like ants from an ant pile! Not really sure how they could get in my Clean indoor room . I started this from a seed and I don’t have clones or any outside plants

Mosquito bits will kill them. It’s a bacteria that’s in the bits that kills the larva. Just top
Dress and water in.

https://www.amazon.com/Summit-Responsible-Solutions-Mosquito-Bits/dp/B0001AUF8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mosquito+bits&qid=1623758201&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMUwyVjlQSVo0RllUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzEwODA5MlRHUDBLWUcxTjdGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwMjMzNDQzT1VOV0tLTVJFU00yJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2 Likes

In addition to what @Covertgrower stated, a general rule is if they are slow they are bad, fast moving bugs are good. But those bugs are there for a reason :slight_smile:

I had root aphids and thrips, I learned they can get in from lots of places. Perhaps a dog, even if you are out in your vegetable garden they could hop on your clothes. Especially in summer, I am not thinking cleanliness being next to godliness is very true.

Finally, I did use Dr Zymes to spray foliage and root soak a plant. Seems to be helping. But I am now bought into IPM being crucial to a successful grow going forward.

Good luck

2 Likes

Ok cool! I have some still from the gnat battle lol I appreciate it

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know what happened! I noticed them yesterday and it was more than one LOL they could’ve hitched a ride from walking outside I guess. I’ve used neem oil and I’m using mosquito bits also right now since I have those two at my disposal. I appreciate your response:)

3 Likes