Are these autoflowers stunted

Hello everyone new grower these girls are 15 days old and on most growing journals I have seen on ilgm mine seem to dwarf compared to the others with the same strain? Why is that?

3 Likes

They might be a little slow getting started but at the moment seedlings are development a root system before you see a lot of Foliage. What kind of soil are you using ?

4 Likes

Did u plant ur seed in the pot or did u have it in solo cups .i do mine in solo cups heres mine at three days old

There in a mix of worm castings and soil

1 Like

They are autoflowers so I planted them in there forever pots and they are in fox farm happy frog soil. And okay I just see everybody else and I think I’m doing something wrong I try to let the leave tell me what’s next and they just don’t say anything

3 Likes

Some the early slower growers turn out to be the biggest producers. They are most likely laying down roots while pausing visible growth. Nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry to much do you have seasol power feed liquid fertilizer if you do make up a three gallon container with ph water and 3.5 mls of seasol power feed and water ur seedlings with that for the time been it will help with a healthy root system.this what im using for my seedlings

Its from nimbin nutrients Australia

1 Like

@antonioperez96, I know this is still the general consensus, but the truth is that it’s perfectly fine to transplant autos, especially if you do it carefully and make sure you’re very gentle with them. I will be transplanting my current run of autos this week, probably on Wed or Thur. I’ll post a link to my journal if you want to check it out.

As far as your current plants, they may be a bit behind schedule, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be good plants. What are you watering with? Do you know the pH and the EC or TDS levels in your tap water? Also, how often are you watering, and how much? I see the wet spots in your pots. Honestly, that’s the biggest issue with starting seedlings in big pots, it’s incredibly difficult to water them properly. I have a feeling your plants roots are developing slowly because of a watering issue.

2 Likes

I’m watering when I see the leave drop down and the ph is around 6.5 my blue lab broke some how and waiting for Amazon to deliver the knew one only had it for 4 days and tried to calibrate it and it just stopped working get delivered on the 4th and I’m using distilled water I have well water at my house and ppl said I should be able to just use distilled…

1 Like

I’m no expert, but I believe your roots are having trouble because parts of them are in wet soil while other parts have grown towards dry areas and stopped. While you don’t want to overwater a small plant like that, I think you should water a bigger area of soil and make sure it’s enough so that it gets wet a good way down. Not saying to water to runoff, but you want to know that there isn’t a big area of dry soil that the roots can run into. After that watering, you’ll have to wait a while before the next. Also, if you have any type of microbe or fungi product, like Azos, Mykos, or one of a million others, it would be very beneficial to use on this watering. Something to help your roots start taking hold.

1 Like

Okay I’m see what happens because I water from the bottom and it soaked up a descent amout of water and my moisture reading says wet and ph soil is around 6.8

1 Like

Update yea i definitely over water her a Lil bit I didn’t water today and I’ll probably won’t until thrusday. The pots are heavy she should pull through I’m hoping

3 Likes

Yeah, there is no easy way to take care of a little seedling in a big pot of soil. Believe me, I tried several different techniques for watering. Some worked out slightly better than others, but there is absolutely no getting around the fact that seedlings do FAR better in small pots or cups.

Here are my current seedlings on day 5 above ground.

Here they are today at 12 days old.

I’ll be transplanting them tomorrow or Thursday. When I do, I’ll tag you in my journal so you can see the way I do it.

Wow mine are 15 days old and they aren’t even close to that! What should I do with mine? Just let em grow and what would you do?

i planted my sour d’s in a big also. look just like ur autos . big pots do this to seedlings. very frustating but i like to plant autos in there forever home. really starting to wonder. half mine look good other half no bueno

2 Likes

What do you do just let them try and catch back up?

I would say you need to monitor them closely for when they need water. You said you were watering from the bottom. That works better for a bigger plant with an established root system, not so much for little seedlings.

1 Like

yeah they useally take off. next time im gonna do cups first then to the forever home. i guess its 6 one way or half a dozen. meaning if this happens and slows them down in the big pot then maybe the cup is the way too go. but i have 2 out of 5 doing fine. and of course instead of just waiting im like a helicopter parent. which is the exact opposit of what should be done PUT DOWN THE WATER CAN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE SEEDLING LMAO

2 Likes

Would 2 days be to short to not water or longer would be idle?

1 Like

Okay should I wait until the are pots are back light when I pick them up and don’t water from the bottom correct?? And I will step away from the water can lol

2 Likes

I am guilty as charged also. its just so hard to stand there and watch them struggle and not try to help. mine are def. overwatered. weird that 2 of them are gangbusting and the rest notta. it is usally more uniform when i start. this one has me 2nd guessing stuff.

2 Likes