Are there any concerns

Think I have nitrogen toxicity tips are turning darker green. Too much calmag? Plants were pretty lime green stems had purple red line tops of them. I actually removed some solution added phed r-o water for last week. last night I changed totes solution 2 weeks since nut change. Using AN nutrients r/o water calmag light hygrozym. Nutrient solution temp stays between 67-71 room temp 68-74 17gal totes 8gals worth nut solution 2 air stones in each

2 Likes

Someone told me I may need to make this a rdwc?

4 Likes

3 Likes

I currently have a similar thungy goin on I’ll be watchin

Coco flora trio 2×2 240 w of ilght 15in 2 months in fem seed humbolt seed fortune cookie

4 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower
When I get back to them I’ll take pic of roots. Should I top feed should I be running clean ph water and grouch hydrotron, clear out salts?

1 Like

Those are nnice though I’m a novice have slight experience I know nothing I was actually trying soul this go seems every time die on we some reason I can keepum goin hydro!?
I’m here with ya skid!

I believe the droopy look which I didn’t notice time may been ready sleep was bout lights out I was up all night with them hahaaaha changing nuts solution trying read up figure this out

This the girlies about 3am

1 Like

@AgroNov, I think the turned down tips are due to overwatering, (Lack of oxygen at the roots). On my present flood and drain hydro system during this last grow. One of the two pots would not drain correctly, and was staying flooded. At first I thought that it was a nitrogen excess, and spent a week or so going down the wrong path. After figuring out that the pot would not drain, I drilled a couple holes in the bottom sides of the pot and just let it free drain, and started watering by hand a couple times a day.
The turned down tips are very slow to straighten out, even after the problem is corrected. You will need to focus on the new growth and monitor it for improvement.
When you have dark green older growth and a lighter colored tips of new growth the nutrient level is petty damn close.

1 Like

Ok yes I was actually doing the air pump calculations I believe I’m fine there ,I’ll post pic later tonight .
I did have solution within an inch or so below net since the roots have grown and are in the solution I lessened solution amount this feed nut change. Am I supposed to keep solution right under net at all times?

These pots I’m using rhizocore

@Skid2, I think your plants look healthy enough. But it looks like they could use more light.
@AgroNov, Yes I think you should keep the level below the net by a inch or two. @HappyHydroGrower, do you think @AgroNov needs a recirculating pump for his size reservoir?

3 Likes

Thank you @Ickey more light in 5 days a medic mini sun2 hopefully this will get me through

Sorry it took so long to reply, had a busy day yesterday.

Adding a recirculating pump will increase the temperature in the water. So, no. I would not advise a pump. I believe the air stones will keep it stirred enough.

They’re looking great! Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow that’s a really nice looking setup!!

Pics of roots last night not slimy at all silky I’ve rinsed them off twice already I’m thinking it’s the salt build up water? Nuts discoloring slightly but when rinsed creamy white.
I top feed lightly at time hrs later next day I’ll slow drench with clean ph water from top? Not sure that’s all that ok to do? New growth seems to be looking fine green

1 Like

Thicker roots are the tall wider plant.
Looking back photos few days ago Monday will be exactly 3 weeks since transplant first true leaves!
LSD auto flowers ilgm seeds

1 Like

Am I wrong if look closely taller plant I believe has pistils growing older nodes?

1 Like

First, water temp needs to be around 68*F.
Growing in totes is a risk due to heat potential issues. Air stones introduce ambient air temps to the water causing your water to warm. If you notice the lower branches and how droopy the leaves appear, those are signs of root rot which is typically seen with too warm of water temps.

Second, the roots coloring like they are, even though they rinse off, is actually a slime coating on the roots. It’s early stage of root rot. They may or may not rinse off… eventually. It will continue to coat the roots to a point where you can’t get it off.

Hydrogen peroxide is about the best thing you can do to get rid of existing slime. If it gets bad enough, you may have to massage the roots with a hydrogen peroxide solution to get it to break loose. If bad enough, trimming the roots would be last resort. It will stunt them, but they will recover.

Finally, I would recommend finding a way to cool your water. If you can’t find a way to incorporate a chiller, you can always use 2 liter bottles that are frozen with water to cool temps down. May have to replace often with new frozen bottles but it can be done. Folks do it all the time.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes