Are the seeds that these plants have produced duds, or if planted they may yield a healthy female plant (or male)

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

I’m in Australia - Southern Hemisphere (Outdoor season has just finished!)
I purchased feminised seeds, however I fucked up with the propagating and grew some bush seeds as a back up which where in proximity of the other plants.
I purchased amnesia trance, white widow and mega.
Of the bush plants I had 2 go male (which I pulled as soon as noticed), resulting in my feminised plants going to seed.
The plants were grown well and looked after (2pound min yield pruned), however, obviously disappointing they have gone to seed.
My question is, and I understand it’s a 50/50 when growing seeds, are the seeds that these plants have produced duds, or if planted they may yield a healthy female plant (or male).
Your advise your be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, aussie here too. If the seeded fems were given enough time for the seeds to form and mature you will have viable seeds to plant. They will be a hybrid cross between your bush bud and your feminised plants. They will not be feminised. they will be F1 hybrid photoperiod plants containing both male and female genes. Plant away and you never know what you may find in the different phenotypes, maybe something special for future cloning or breeding.

4 Likes

@mountainman1

Thank you for that great info. Very well put…thumb

Also Welcome to ILGM You come in with a bang…I Look forward to hearing from you again

Will

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome @garrigan62. I will try to be of help where and when I can. cheers mountainman1