Are seeds supposed to float

i am using the germination procedure from ILGM, in the past i always just put the seeds in a paper towel then put paper towel in a bowl with just enough water to keep the towel wet.
i purchased seeds from this sight so i figure i should use their germination procedure to preserve the factory warranty,
my seeds arrived today and while following their procedure i see that the seeds float,

is that a problem?
should they sink right away?
have anybody here bought seeds from ILGM?
if so what is the average % of seeds i can expect to germinate? one was a pack of 10 blue dream and other was pack of 20 white widow auto flower they where on sale buy 10 and get 10 free

@Covertgrower Bulldognuts @Nicky

1 Like

You can poke at them to get them to sink. Some don’t sink right away.
You should be getting close to 100% with this method. If they don’t, contact customer service for replacement.
I’ve ordered a multitude of seeds from here.

4 Likes

Seeds will float for about 24-hours. When I can get mine to sink and they have cracked I’ll move them to wet paper towel until the tap root is about 3/8 of an inch.

My ILGM seeds have had a great germination rate. If they did not survive it was my fault

2 Likes

Some seeds don’t sink. Don’t be afraid to use them. They can still pop open in soil. It may take a few extra days to break surface. My current grow 2 of the seeds didn’t want to grow. When I put my HLG lights in, they ended up popping and now I’m with a jungle that is so far out of control. I could hide a body in my tent. It’s wall to wall.

4 Likes

thanks for info, i feel better now,
this is first time i soaked cannabis seeds in water like this, when i was a kid and put plants out in the woods i would put seeds in a wet paper towel and make sure it stayed wet and 70 to 80% would grow, so when i received my store bought seeds and i wanted to maintain the warranty i followed ILGM instructions so if i needed to use the warranty it would still be valid and when they floated i became concerned that i might have to use the warranty, ( i didnt know seeds floated lol)
anyways thanks i feel i lot better now, and have a great weekend

1 Like

Anytime @frankiefingers we are all “rooting” for you. Haha.

1 Like

haha thats awesome! can tell right now, that waiting for these seeds to germinate is going to be the longest week of my life LMAO! i sure hope i have all the bugs worked out with my 2 practice plants (unknown random strain from cheap bag) i think if i don’t try to do anything fancy (try the newest techniques to grow) i should be alright

I’ve also seen others post plenty of times they get a bad bean through ILGM and they make it right.

I haven’t bought their beans due to me already having over 400 seeds. I’ve never had a bad seed at all. I don’t worry either with the seed bank I own. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Make em sink! Haha

hey y’all
checked my seeds this morning and after 12 to 14 hours of them floating in water several of the White widow auto’s have popped and has tiny root tip poking out… HOORAY FOR ME!!!

one of the blue dream seeds had a tiny bit of white at the seam where the seed splits open i even took a picture of it and when i went back to look about 2 hours later the tiny bit of white is gone…
haha i must be paranoid or hallucinating
i could have seen piece of paper towel stuck on seed or is it possible that it would it close back up for some reason?

1 Like

my very first order of seeds 2 weeks ago from ILGM was buy 10 white widow get 10 free, all 20 failed i contacted support team and my replacements will be here this coming Tuesday or maybe Thursday i don’t remember now lol,
i put 10 WW autos floating and 5 blue dreams floating yesterday as soon as they arrived lol i went straight to my grow room and floated them,
this morning at 7am about 15 hours in water i had 3 WW sprouting and 1 BD or at least i think the BD was sprouting it had cracked open and i could see a tiny bit of white in the crack

1 Like