Are my tricomes lying to me?

Hey yall, so I’m back to request some free advice and opinions about, well about optimizing quantity and quality of my harvest. Heres my baby girl, sweet zz fem in her 7th week of flowering (i call her green philip).

First off ive done some snooping and i noticed a lot of my fan leaves are not yellow or falling off yet, is that a sign shes not ready or does that depend plant to plant ?
Secondly, i noticed that the nugs, especially the top ones, are not really swelling up anymore, but its just an opinion and i could be wrong because i dont measure them. Anyways back to the topic at hand, heres are tricome pics first from top coma then from a nug further down on another branch.

Top nug is strange because i think i still see some clear tricomes, but theres already quite a few bronze ones. Bottom nugs however look very cloudy and theres are few bronze tricomes (mostly on leaflets). Im not trying to get an exact remaining time but what do yall think ? Shes ready to flush for a week, one more week of nutes then flush, i got a few weeks to go ?
If you need more pics to make a nice educated guess dont hesitate to say so ! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@MattyBear @Eagles009 @Oldguy @Davyg @MeEasy sorry to bother, but you guys have given me very helpful insight in the past ! also today is watering day so i would like to know if its flush time

1 Like

Looks like you still have a little time I see quite a few clear trichomes, and the ambers are on leaves only. My guess is at least a couple weeks to start flush, and I say at least because it depends on how ripe you want it. If you want couch lock add another week or three

4 Likes

I don’t really aim for couch lock but dont dislike it either… So is what you’re saying min 1 week nutes then flush, max two three weeks nutes then flush ? Or are you saying a couple of weeks of nutes (2-3) before flush for early harvest, and adding 1 to 3 weeks on top of that for couch lock ? Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I think you’re in the window where starting flush wouldn’t be crazy. Maybe feed one more time and reevaluate in a week.

1 Like

Okay i’m not gonna lie thats a relief to hear ! I’m not very patient by nature so this grow has me really reaching the limits of my patience. Also i probably didn’t pick the quickest strain for my first grow lol… Anyways I really don’t want to greed and miss out on some major late flowering growth, I’ll feed today and check back in 3 days for the next feeding, then if i can’t spot clear tricomes ill flush for 2 more waterings (or one maybe, what do you think ? :face_with_monocle: )

3 Likes

@Gwiz
Personally I’d wait till most of your pistils have receded and then reassess where you’re at with the loupe.
Agree with @MeEasy that there’s at least another couple weeks before flush.
Closer to the end they’ll seem to stall but the buds will continue to swell and get harder /firmer during that pause.
You’re almost there. :wink::+1:
:v::pray::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me! There is definitely a couple week window to harvest based on taste. I harvest early in that window because I don’t like amber in my buds. I see some people with trich pictures that seem to like the opposite end of this window. Gonna have to chop some plants and see what you like :wink:. Selective harvest could make sense…try a little full cloudy, some 10 percent amber, some 20 percent amber. Just a thought I always just chop the whole plant down. When I’m ready.

4 Likes

Thank you for the tag @Gwiz. I think she is close and definitely approaching the harvest window. I would keep a close eye on things from here on in. There is a fair bit of amber going on in that top picture so I would harvest one of the smaller buds close to there, dry and try it :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This has been a real education reading from you guys, thx. My first grow of autos I’m hoping to harvest in 2 weeks, didnt know what the hell I was looking for, this was very informative.
thanks again. I growing Northern Lights Autos

3 Likes