Are my plants to low to the ground for LST

Day 14 I have had the lights out so that’s why they look droopy but overall they are the plants are looking good so far I think.I’m confused if I should start LST today or wait because the plants are low to the ground I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not should I start defoliation then LST today or just LST and let the leaves be in the dirt for a little while or just raise the light to allow the plants to get taller so many questions I apologize in advance having a hard time trying to get a nice yield for my first grow.Hoping to get 2 ounces per plant if possible

2 Likes

If it were me, I’d wait until they got a little taller, and probably wait until the first started showing pistils. For instance I Fimmed this plant on June 9, and a week later I tied down the new limbs, and it started flowering soon after.

4 Likes

Alright thanks do you think I should lift the lights up so they can stretch a little bit or just let them keep growing how they are

Don’t lift the light to much, then you will get a lot of spacing in the nodes. Not sure of your light but I hang 24 inches

1 Like

Right or wrong, what I do is supercrop after about the 5th node then tie down and LST after that.

I know people are cautious about doing their first supercrop (as was I too!), but once I did it once, I’ll never go back to my old way. I don’t really worry about stretching. I try to grow in Flatland. :slight_smile:

Here is are 2 examples.

4 Likes

Probably not necessary, you see how much mine stretched in a week.

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie I’m a bit to scared to super crop my first grow

1 Like

Thanks prolly going to wait a week then start anchoring her down and do you think 85 degrees with the lights on is to hot

1 Like

I waited till I had 7 oz. in the cupboard before trying then took a leap of faith

2 Likes

After the base is anchored I like to gently bend the plant over 90 above the 4th or 5th node.
And then there is also super cropping

2 Likes

I’m on my first grow with an led, and wondered the same thing, an my understanding is 80 to 85 is the sweet spot for led’s for proper photosynthesis. Others may disagree. I run between 79 and 82.

1 Like

Alright thank you because I was worried about that because my leds get pretty hot I think I got it for now but I will be back in 3 or so weeks for help lol this first grow is so nerve racking trying to get 10 ounces out of these 5 plants ready to see what happens

I would wait until there taller but there nice plants

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s day 19 on my first grow and I forgot to ph my water and I fed them 3 liters a peace of 7.25 water with very little nutes in it close to none. So I decided to make a foliar spray the next day just 1 gallon and I put 5ml of cal mag, and 10ml of fox farm flowerkiss and ph the water at 6.1 and sprayed them down pretty good then the next day after spraying them I noticed they had spots on them the tips were curling with yellow like tips so I’m not sure if it was the spray that did this or the wrong ph I fed them a few days back

1 Like

Keep an eye out. Get ph back in line and you are probably ok. Ph lockout can happen fast. Very recoverable. No worries yet. Very healthy and lush. No need for foliar spray. Looking at your girls and the room I personally would just go straight up. Gonna explode in flower. Will fill up.

1 Like

If I flush my plants can I just use ph sink water with chlorine in them or do I have to take the chlorine out before I flush all the plants

1 Like

Not sure need a flush unless your nutes call for it. Less is more. A little vitamin c will neutralize the chlorine. Letting sit 24 hours will outgas it also. Others will pass info but what i see is a ph miss…a fast adjustment…and no major damage showing so far.

1 Like

Thanks :pray: for your help though my plants were about to die and I didn’t know how to help them

1 Like