Are my calculations right?

@Davyg @KeystoneCops I will be asking for your advice sir and listen with great respect.

3 Likes

Only thing I have is to reiterate what KeystoneCops said. The weight by volume of each part is different, so not able to convert in a linear manner to volume.

5 Likes

You’ll be fine! Ask before you do something if you feel unsure about. There are a lot of folks here that are more than willing to help.
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/AMIR-Upgraded-500g-0-01g-Stainless-Batteries/dp/B01HCKQG7G

This scale has been good. It has the resolution and sensitivity required for the Jack’s 321 system.

5 Likes

I would take a gallon jug and fill the system one jug at a time to really know how much the system will hold…
I haven’t seen your system yet , but I can tell you that it’s a possibility that water heights could rise in certain parts of your system more than other parts of your system depending on how you have things situated and how much your nutrient pump moves valum of water…
Keep that in mind when final setup and putting in plants…
As far as Jack’s goes , I don’t use yet , but I would go by weight if I was measuring out nutrients…
I have a 28 gallon tote for plants and two 5 gallon buckets for resivor’s and when I’m as full as I can be with water and nutrients, I’m right at 20 gallons total…
Thats with no net baskets , just a 6 inch air gap from bottom of plant holding pot to water line…
Take some pics of your system…
I’ll be able to give better advice… :+1::metal::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’m in the process of ordering and receiving part as I type, and will take photos as they get here. Thank you for your time and support. I appreciate all support from the whole community. @dbrn32 @peachfuzz @HappyHydroGrower @KeystoneCops @Davyg

5 Likes

Well worded brother. @Ashleyroachclip @KeystoneCops is right - gotta weigh powdered nutes. :wink::grin: Sorry I’m late to the posting party. :v:

1 Like

I bought 2 net pots.but was looking for 6" but they only had 8" are these Ok, or should I find the 6"? They are wide neck basket. I figured they will be stable.

1 Like

If you are cutting the wholes yourself, then you might want to go with 3”. That means more water.
I use 6” but I had already bought a pack of 25 or something like that. I’ll change eventually.
:+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I prefer the 6"

@neofirebird @HappyHydroGrower my thought is that lower the water in the system and will lower the amount of nutrients used and cost. It won’t effect the nutrient base or effect, on the plants over all health, but help cost wise.

2 Likes

Yes spot on.

1 Like

Also was reading another post by @Grandaddy013 , and in his post it was brought to my attention that when doing 2plants in an rdwc he wants to use both the same strain or seeds, do to that 2 different types of seed have different nutrients requirements. Something I would have never thought of without having read about it. Not the same aspect as dwc and soil.

2 Likes

I could have bought smaller buckets, but what fun would that have been?

1 Like

I grew a sativa and a Indica last grow and it was like night and day, not pretty at all. I would not recommend that, JMHO.

2 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWX3C64/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CNHWXZV4C1HY7B3J4WSV
I will need this to cut the hole for the net basket and 3" PVC pipe. Maybe bigger to fit the hole of the diameter of the basket.

I have something similar. That’ll work. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hit me!

If you have access to a harbor freight, they also have very reasonable priced holesaw kits to do all of your cutting.
I’ve found them a little more versatile around the house. :sunglasses:

Out of likes! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

@HappyHydroGrower what did you use? :shopping_cart: ready to buy it!