Are my calculations right?

I purchase the Jack’s 321 the mixing ratio is as follows
By weight (add to one gallon of water):

1. Weigh and completely dissolve 3 grams Jacks 5-12-26
  2. Weigh and completely dissolve 1 grams Magnesium Sulfate
  3. Weigh and completely dissolve 2 grams Jacks Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0
    I I calculated that for 36 gals of water.
    Jack’s (A) 3/4 cup
    Jack’s (B) 1/2 cup
    And (C) Epsom salts 1/4 cup, this is just by about 3 tbsp
    Is this right? For 36 gals of water.
    1st weight Jack’s (A)
    2nd weight Epsom salt
    3rd weight Jack’s (B)
2 Likes

Your numbers are significantly off.

3.6 grams Part A

2.4 grams Part B

1.1 grams of Epsom salts

I wouldn’t go by volume. I would weigh out each one every time.

How quickly do you exhaust that 36 gallon reservoir? I wouldn’t mix more solution than I could use within a week at the most.

6 Likes

I’m just in the process of putting together a rdwc 3- 13 gal system , 2 grow buckets 1 Reservoir.
And wanting to get all the information I can prior to set up. Around late March- April. After I finished my soil grow.

2 Likes
Cups Grams Ounces
1/2 cup 64 g 2.25 oz
2/3 cup 85 g 3 oz
3/4 cup 96 g 3.38 oz
1 cup 128 g 4.5 oz
Part A 3.6 grams x 36 gals = 129.6 grams
Part B 2.4 grams x36 gals = 86.4 grams
Epsom salt 1.1 grams x 36 gals = 39.6 grams
This is the amount needed for 36 gallons of water, correct? And using a cup to measure each individual component how much of each.
I’m I wrong to think this way of measuring?
2 Likes

The system is 3/4" top waterfall, 3" PVC return
400 gal water pump, Simple Deluxe LGPUMPAIR38 602 GPH 18W 38L/min 6 Outlets, and . Poafamx Aquarium Chiller 42Gal Fish Tank Water Cooling System So it could be more gals then I’m thinking. Stimpy you idiot!!!
@peachfuzz @neofirebird

2 Likes

@CoyoteCody @dbrn32

@Davyg take a look

1 Like

Hello mate, I was following but now I’m not for some reason. I will have a look further up :face_with_monocle:. Ah ha, new post that’s why it didn’t flag up. I’ve never done rdwc before :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I thought I would give it a try. Maybe kill plants fast than I do now…lol

1 Like

Looking at those figures it looks to me like a cup of part A,
2/3 of a cup for part B
and I’m assuming 1/3 if a cup of Epsom salts. It seems to me to be a third thing going on here @Ashleyroachclip. I have never used Jack’s though

2 Likes

I was that plant assassin mate. You’re treading the boards of my next grow so I will be watching this with great interest :face_with_monocle::man_facepalming:

1 Like

The only difference between dirt and do it hydroponic lead to hydroponic plants will be taller when they’re dead…lol

1 Like

Just really growing your own canes :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Cups are a unit of volume. Grams are a unit of weight. Ounces are confusing because the word refers to both weight and volume, but they are not the same.

I have found that really small volumetric quantities of Jack’s weight significant amounts, and I would measure by weight every single time I prepared a new reservoir.

6 Likes

If you wing it, the ratio of the different elements will almost certainly be off. Just trust me. I can recommend a good scale, if you need one.

4 Likes

If you have three 13 gal square buckets, you’ll probably only hold (about) 10 gal each, maybe. By the time you drop your net pot, you might end up with 22-28 gal total. That’s just a rough guesstimate.

I’m sure someone here uses them and can tell you exactly.

Then you have to calculate the amount of loss when your roots get big. Maybe then 7 gal each.

I use 321 also. I go with exactly the way they say to mix it on their website. Like @KeystoneCops said stick to weight.
I’ll be watching.

And btw, we like pictures. :wink:
Good luck! :v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have two 20 gal totes to grow in and a 13 gal trash can for a res. When growing two plants I have 22 gal total including 5 gal in the trash can.

2 Likes

That would be great! I’m looking to get one.

1 Like

@Ashleyroachclip if I was to listen to anyone I would listen to @KeystoneCops. He really does know his stuff.
Don’t want to offend anyone but his knowledge is really up there :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I’m building rdwc system, 3" return and will be having a chiller online to it. 1 missed step and D.O.A call the hemp morgue…lol

1 Like