Are autoflowers actually any easier

@GFDuke you technically don’t as long as there is no sun or other form of light that can hit your plants during the dark hours but a lot of people grow in there living space and it only takes a little light at the wrong time to cause a problem

1 Like

@Greenlantern I take clones off my plants two weeks before I put them in flower those clones veg until I harvest and repeat no autos needed

1 Like

I don’t think autos will reach that height, more like 3 to 4 maybe.

@Screwauger if you don’t mind me asking. What set up are you using for those yields? Thats impressive. As I’m about to start my first grow I’m stuck between autos or fem photos

1 Like

My take on this is as a beginner you could potentially make mistakes they might be little mistakes to much of this not enough of that or oops I just snapped the top half of my plant off . With photos it only reduces yeald after the flip with autos it all counts . You could get a great yeald off a auto or you could not. Photos just give you a little extra time to get it together

1 Like

I don’t mind at all.

I use autopots, a gravity fed, continuous bottom feeding/watering system.
They are known to grow large plants.
I have several other “techniques” that I believe contribute to those yields
No pruning, topping
No transplanting (sow seed in final home)
Only gentle LST
Push grow nutes until all vertical growth has stopped
etc
@StephenBro

5 Likes

So if I’m understanding you feed veg nutes until all vertical growth stop and then switch to bloom nutes??

1 Like

That’s the method I use @Jarnkat

I keep a tape handy and watch the growth (height) as it slows you can transition (half bllom half grow nutes) and when she no longer gains height at all, full bloom nutes.

I have an auto train wreck going now and she is putting on about an inch per day of height.

4 Likes

Just started my first grow so just trying to figure out a few tricks and maybe learn something so I end up with a good med. that will work for me and last, and not end up with a gram or something. Just started a Bubblegum auto Jack auto and OG. The seed liner got stuck on the OG and it dried up but the stalk is still green and looking good lol. Anyways thanks for the tip and appreciate any tips at this. Growing in Coco, wormcast, and perlite mix a 2x2x4 with a 2500w LED and 1000w LED running at 18/6. Not venting except for opening the screens on the bottom of the tent fans blowing inside and an exhaust fan blowing out. pH is 6.6 going in rain water. Haven’t watered through yet. Im at day 6or7 above ground.

You must be magic! Lol i have been growing autos for over a year and my largest yeild was around 7 oz, usually average 1 to 4 oz per plant depending on phenos! , my space is 5 x 8 and running 2x 400 watt hps, humidity 55 and temp around 73 …my yeilds have been all over the place with autos, actually leaving back to normal photos for better yeild