Are all Super Soils equal?

Hello, I have been using Nature’s Living Soil super soil for two grows now and it does make a big difference. First question is this: does the brand matter much? I have been told that Kind Soil may be better, but it is more expensive due to $92 shipping cost where the NLS ships free from Amazon. Also, when I was done with the first grow, I reused the old super soil as my regular potting soil and mixed it with the new super soil as indicated on the directions. Is this a bad practice? Should I use new cheap potting soil to mix with the new NLS super soil? Thanks for any help.

Does that brand have any post about what’s in their product? All I read was smelly dirt…

The big thing around here in New England is 5cf-edge-front-491x491-web
amazon link amazon charges double what I pay for living in Maine but this is many growers go to up here that I know.

I cut and pasted this from their web sight.

The base ingredients for our living soils are Organic Earthworm Castings, High Quality Bat Guano, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Neem Meal, Humic Acid, Rock Phosphate, Dolomite Lime, Azomite, Alfalfa Meal, Kelp Meal, Coco Coir, Crushed Oyster Shell, Humic Acid, Epsom Salt, Coconut Water Powder and Aloe Vera.

UPDATE! I got a reply from Natures Living Soil about reusing the old super soil and adding new soil for each grow, and they said ABSOLUTELY! They are even going to stress the fact of doing this on the web page.

When my 5, 5 gallon pots are done and harvested, I will dump the used super soil into an old molasses tub, add 5lbs of new stuff, mix, and away we go. Seems legit.

2 Likes

@badmaster1

Do you still hold the same opinion of this soil? Can you link me to your grows using it?

Cheers!

So far my opinion of NLS super soil and FFOF potting soil mix holds strong. More knowledge to come. Just started a new group of ladies last month. I got two oz’s from ten plants. I added more light and stuck with the same soil recipe. Each plant now has it’s own 2000 watt led light. Should make better buds if I can keep the temp down. :slight_smile:

Could you please provide a link to your grow so I can… uhm stalk? :slight_smile:

I don’t have a link to it. I just ask questions and add successes.

1 Like