Ardent NOVA vs MB2

They end up more brown, but I would not say burnt. I have not had the decrarbed buds tested, but have made edibles with them, myself and others get high.

2 Likes

Here is my gummy bear recipe. I found a recipe online then tweaked it slightly. My latest edition was adding .5 grams RSO to make the batch slightly stronger, but adding 5 grams extra flower to you canna oil would achieve this.

Canna/Coconut oil

20 grams to 1 cup coconut oil

DIRECTIONS

• Decarboxylate your cannabis by spreading the cannabis evenly on a baking tray and putting it in the oven for 45 minutes at 240 degrees Fahrenheit or use the Ardent Nova

• Grind up the cannabis. Preferably grind up the flower/bud as it’s the most potent and will get you a more accurate measurement, but you can include the whole plant. Make sure that it is large enough to not fall through the cloth/strainer. Anything fine enough will end up in the final product.

• Add oil and cannabis into (slow cooker, double-boiler, saucepan). For a slow cooker cook on low for 4-6 hours, and stirring it occasionally. Using a double-boiler, cook on low for 6-8 hours ( 8 hours is recommended), and stirring occasionally. Finally using a saucepan, cook on low for 3 hours and stir it frequently, as the saucepan is susceptible to scorching…

• Tip* You can add a bit of water to the mixture to help prevent burning.

• Note: The temperature of the oil should not exceed 240 F no matter which method is used

• Strain and capture the oil. If using a cheesecloth do not squeeze, this adds more unnecessary chlorophyll to the oil. Leftover plant materials can be discarded.

• Finished ! The oils shelf life is at least 2 months! And can be extended by refrigeration.

Gummy bears

1/2 cup cold water
3 packs gelatin
1 pack jello 2.79 Oz
1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin
1/2 cup cannabis oil
.5 grams RSO(new edition)

DIRECTIONS

• turn stove on low heat. add water, cannabis infused coconut oil, soy lecithin,unflavoured gelatine, and flavoured gelatine to the pot.

• Whisk on low heat for 5-10 minutes until the gelatine is completely dissolved.

• Let the mixture cool for a couple of minutes. Then, pour the mixture into the gummy bear moulds.

• Put the gummy bear mould into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

3 Likes

great, thank you!

i JUST poured my first coconut oil out of the borrowed MBM2. i’ll have to test it tonight for potency when it’s ok if black the eff out. i have zero idea what to expect for dosage. i really want to try gummies or some other single serving edible.

3 Likes

The dummies are very convenient due to the size and ability to adjust dosage accurately. I fill the molds to just “bulging”.

I use these to suck u the gummy goo and dispense into molds:

https://www.amazon.com/Eazy-Party-Reusable-Shooters-Syringes/dp/B07VPG9TRD/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?keywords=jello+shot+syringe&qid=1571427618&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNUdNM0k1NzZYWEdKJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzAxNDc5MUJWOU1RSkRSTEdPWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQxMzc0MjRRN0tSVlNUQlI4MiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

i gotta do some non-gelatin recipe searching.

just tried some of my first canna coconut oil. i guess i’ll know in a half an hour how i did ha. need it to take this pain out of my trimming hand.

2 Likes

There is supposedly vegetarian gelatin out there.

Check back in, I love a good edible ramble!

1 Like

Man yall to trendy with it look up the science behind it and u can source things just as good if not more practical that work just as well I make my hash oil in a stir fry pan that has a simmer 160 170 180…ect to 270…to make my banana butter I use a old coffee pot it melts the butter swell with the bud and and very easy to pour and strain into silicone sticks or simply a styrofoam cup cool in the fridge and tmyou can break the cup away of just store it in the cup I make a 24 oz cup of butter last well over. A month with no I’ll effects always the same taste Same buzz

i always wanted to be fancy. and can’t get more practical than pushing a button.

what do you think would happen if i made a dehydrated fruit snack? i used to make fruit roll ups all the time. dehydrators keep the temps fairly low, but would drying affect the cannabinoids?

1 Like

U can make infused fruit rollups

good question. @Ladithief just bought a freeze dryer. Im waiting to hear his results. There is one for sale on craigslist by me for $1600. bit pricey.

1 Like

i want one SO BADLY. harvestright.

yeah fruit rollups… the question is does the dehydrating destroy any cannabinoids?

and for that matter, i think i was reading that terps are destroyed during decarb, which totally makes sense. kinda begs the question then if the strain used even matters?

AndAnd. i made my first batch of cookies (which one may or may not be kicking in as i type this.). but, time and temp are so specific for decarbing, but then what did it do to the weed in the infused oil I used that was heated to 350 for 15min?

1 Like

I use both the ardent an magic butter machines. The ardent for decarbing an the magic for infusing. I am getting a much higher and consistent results. My brownies are just as strong as the 500 mg that I can get from the dispensary

2 Likes

so what it is it about the MB2 or the Ardent that you use the MB for infusions?

the ardent is a decarbing machine, much more accurate then the oven, faster then a sous vide. The MB is a heated blender can be be used for all kinds of food. The temps that MB can achieve are not the best for decarbing where as the ardent achieve near 100% conversion of THCa to THC9

2 Likes

@HearBob, have you had any testing done on the Ardent decarbed weed? I have an Ardent, but I am basically trusting the company that there tool does what it’s supposed to.

1 Like

no i have not. i am judging on how it has effected me i was not happy with out it i am no longer buying my medibles

2 Likes

Sounds like a good test to me!

1 Like

do you ever get hangovers from your edibles? i ate two of my cookies and felt groggy the following days.

I usually decarb some bud in the Ardent and then just eat the bud about an hour before bed and I have woken up before with a bud hang over so to speak.

1 Like