Arctic Autos--Outdoor Grow 2020

On Tuesday May 12, 2020, at approximately 11:45pm AKST, my summer grow began! Welcome to the start of…something!!

*18 Seeds
*7 Strains
*Dropped into room temperature r/o water with a splash of H2O2
*Inside heated germination station (temp 84F)
*Lights off!

These plants will be started indoors, then moved outside at about week 4.

This is just my, “Hey look! I dropped seeds and am excited!” starter post. The next official journal entry will have all the gory details.

Keywords: autos, microbes!microbes!microbes!, coco, peat, perlite, qb leds, organics, greenhouse, pandemic, moosebait, heyheyhey smoke weed everyday

@Missiles @Greenjewels @Amazon66 @AfgVet @Bubblehead @Mote @GreenThunder @Carol4486

22 Likes

Woohoo I’m definitely here Girl!

1 Like

I’m in here too!

2 Likes

Following in anticipation!

2 Likes

This is going to be awesome can’t wait to see the results.

2 Likes

Definitely watching

1 Like

Here! set to watching w plenty of provisions :popcorn: :butter: :lobster: :pie: :hamburger: :fried_egg: :tropical_drink: :doughnut: :champagne: :custard: :beers: :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m gonna tag along as well, if you don’t mind :v:

1 Like

Welcome all!

1 Like

Thursday May 15, 8:30pm AKST
18 seeds were Rootered and placed into a heated, domed germination station, inside a dark grow tent.

Soaked the Rapid Rooters for 30 minutes in the following un-pH’d solution:
-1 qt RO water
-⅛ tsp each
Piranha (beneficial fungi)
Catalyst (some goodies for the fungi)

Temp up to 84F inside dome. Humidity rising nicely, too.

Oh, I promised gory details, didn’t I? I try not to break promises, if I can, so here, mofos:

Grow Space:
Inside: 2 tents, 2.5x5x7 each
Outside: 10x10 chain-link dog run inside a greenhouse, for security (bunnies, meth heads, punk ass moose bitches)

Strains: ALL AUTO, FREE W/ PURCHASE SEEDS, except where noted
-Blueberry x3
-Critical x3
-RQS Diesel x2
-Double Big Bud x2
-Dutch Blue x5
-Lemon Haze x2
-RQS Solomatic CBD from @Bubblehead

Medium: Home Depot Special, because it was easily available during the pandemic, plus my wife paid for it! Going with Coco, Peat, and Perlite, this time around. Will do 75% Ultra Coir and 25% Perlite. Omri certified organic:

Containers: Almost all are going into 5 gallon cloth pots; Dutch Blue is going into 2 gallon cloth pots

Lighting: 320xl v2 dimmable QB & 320xl v2 RESPEC dimmable QB

Ventilation/Air Circulation/Temp/Humidity:
-400+cfm exhaust fan
-Carbon filter, if needed
-2 small floor fans
-2 small clip fans
-1 gallon capacity humidifier
-1 portable, electric baseboard heater
The fans and the heater will be moved outside, if necessary.

Nutrients
Going with my usual goodies, to start.
-Earth Juice Original 5: Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Meta K, Microblast
-Advanced Nutrients: Root Trio(Piranha, Voodoo, Tarantula), Nirvana
-NFTG: Demeter’s Destiny, Persephone’s Palate
-RealGrower’s Recharge
-Epsom Salts

If I run out of Bloom or Meta K, I’ll be switching to another Home Depot special product: Alaskan Morbloom.

Training?: potentially scrogging most of them. Maybe not. Who knows?

Let’s see, am I missing any pertinent info?

Thinking about giving each nute product its own post, kind of a Spotlight on each one? Help those interested to understand why each product is used when it’s used?

13 Likes

Wait, Thursday was the 14th! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Tuesday May 19, 11am AKST

Placed 12 germed babies into their 4" round peat pots:
-1 Lemon
-1 Solomatic
-2 Double Big Bud
-4 Dutch Blue
-1 Blueberry
-3 Critical

Filled with a mix of:
-18 cups Ultra Coir
-6 cups Perlite
-1 tsp Recharge

Moistened with 2 cups of the following pH 6.0 solution:
-2 qts RO
-1.5 tsp Demeter’s Destiny
-½ tsp Persephone’s Palate
-¼ tsp EACH Piranha, Tarantula, Voodoo, and Catalyst
Adjusted with: EJ UP granules (potassium bicarbonate)

-One of the Dutch Blues got stuck in her seed, but her roots and stem look great. After removing the shell, she looks iffy, but I’m willing to give her a chance.

-Solomatic CBD doesn’t look promising, but she’s being given a chance, too.

-One of the Double Big Buds still has a seed head, but is just about ready to shed it; I will probably assist in a bit.

The above 12 are domed, and back on a heatmat til about 8pm, tonight. At 8pm, the late babies will get the heatmat back to themselves (see below).

-Two babies were not showing roots: a Lemon & a Blueberry. They completely fell out of their seeds during the initial seed drop. I placed the babies into rooters, and they’ve greened up nicely, but are not showing any upward movement. They’re in a small germination station for a few days. If they start moving/growing nice roots, they’ll get planted-up; if not, they’ll go away.

-On Monday, I culled a few seeds that were looking ghastly grayish-greenish-corpseish. I saw no reason to give them time to pop, when they were clearly DOA. That’s how I ended up with a more reasonable 12 for sure plants, and 2 maybes.

The Environment:
Light: 108w/35", 24/0
Humidifier: started at 4pm, on high, filled with RO
Ventilation: passive intake only, exhaust fan on low, no other fans currently running
Heat: space heater on at 4pm, set to 76, which should translate to 78-80 inside the tent.
Temp/RH: these numbers are in flux until the environment gets stabilized. Last check at 5pm, temp was 75F and humidity was up from 39% to 47%. Clearly, the humidifier is doing it’s job; I hope the heater does its job, now. While rootered, the temp/RH stayed around at 81F/85-95%. I am currently aiming for 78-80F/60-65%.

Latest pic, taken at 5:14pm:

8 Likes

Getting :popcorn: for the master class, can’t wait.

1 Like

Where is this master class of which you speak?

3 Likes

I’ll be along for the journey. Feel free to watch mine to May 2020 grow, wish me luck!

1 Like

Thursday, May 21st 9am AKST

Officially DAY ONE!

Day #1 Girls, ten total:
1xBlueberry
3xCritical
1xDouble Big Bud
4xDutch Blue
1xLemon

To Be Rootered later tonight:
3xChiesel
2xLemon
1xSolomatic CBD

Pics will follow the rootering.

5 Likes

@PurpNGold74

Here’s my quiet little grow.

2 Likes

It wont be staying that way much longer!

Is the RQS Diesel really Chiesel? Im confuddled

3 Likes

No. The RQS Diesels were bunk. Super old seeds and freebies with purchase. They were pretty much dead seeds (pallor of death, even). The Chiesels are from Big Buddha. I grew one in the fall, but messed it up, so I don’t have positive feelings about this strain; just growing it to use it up. :joy:

The 6 newbies are a week behind the 10 Day Ones.

5 Likes

Nice nice… Double Big Bud stands out too. Just a backcross?

3 Likes