Arborholic’s Hot Mess Grow Log #1

I’m working through that… the planning. I have 2 tents size 4x4x6ft. I have been WHOAAAAA we interrupt this important message to announce that my ILGM seeds have arrived!! Auto Pack 1 and 2. The seed packs don’t have the names, just some bin numbers on them. And the receipts just says auto pack, so I’ll have to ask them which are which. WHoOt WHoOt!!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 I thought that was going to be a separate message, but it is a run on. Anyway, I have the 2 tents size 4x4x6. I have the SF 2000 and the Vivosun going right now. The Vivosun is over the 1 plant in hydro and it is growing like crazy.

My main concern for this grow and future grows is smell. I want to run hydro, but didn’t get organized in time for these bag seed plants, so they are in soil. Except 1 in hydro. Each are in 5 gallon pots.

2 Likes

Your plants should grow fine. Where you will run into issues is trying to flower a space that large with such a low light density.

2 Likes

Just circling back to this, I have read the same, but with the 3 plants that I moved from hydro to soil are doing way better than the 4 plants that I transplanted from soil to soil. Didn’t expect that.

I wish I had money to blow! I’m doin alright now, but I went through a time when I lived in a tent. Just like my babies, haha. Life has a way of happening even when you expect it. I’m planning ahead for the rdwc system and looking at yours and @repins12. The one plant that I left in the 5 gal hydro bucket is growing so fast right now!

3 Likes

Are these pistils?

@fano_man @PhillyRock @dbrn32 @monkman @MrPeat @merlin44 or anyone out there

1 Like

There may be a couple of pistils in there, but looks mostly like new growth.

4 Likes

Looks like new growth to me. The inner and outer leaves of a node sort of separate at the same time making the center ones very thin until the outter leave form.

4 Likes

Ok guys. I got excited there for a sec.

1 Like

Have you reduced the light to 12/12 already?
I’d give them 4-6 week of Veg before flipping to bloom.

2 Likes

No I’m still on 18-6. How do I know when to go to 12/12?

When your plant reaches a size that you’re ok with, knowing it will get 20-30% bigger when
switched to bloom, that’s when you change to 12/12. You need to gage when the plant will
fill into your grow space. After switching to 12/12, give it a week and you’ll see plenty of
pistols.

2 Likes

for my first 3 grows i went by veg time. this grow i went by height of plant. for the plants in my short tent (68 inches high) i went with 23 inches from the floor to top of plant in a 3 gallon pot. for my tall tent (90 inches high) i vegged at 33 inches.

2 Likes

@Arborholic
This gentleman said it better than I ever could. Listen to @monkman, his grow is impressive.

And by impressive, I mean when I look at his photos, the little guy in the back of my head
says “Why the F&$K doesn’t my plants look this good”.!!!

2 Likes

I’ll be using the height method fellas. Thanks.

And

Hydro plant is 17” from the floor, the rest in soil are 11-14” from the floor to tip of canopy.

So I could switch to 12/12 now if I wanted. Or wait until they’re a bit larger. I think @fano_man was recommending that I do this light change soonish. Did I interpret that right Fano?

Oh here’s a current pic @fano_man @PhillyRock @monkman

You have TONS of height left to grow them out.
In your situation, I would wait until they hit 24-36 inches each before flipping to bloom.
My Gorilla glues are about 20 inches from floor to canopy and I’m still giving them 3 more weeks

I want a decent yield this time. The plants will get about 30% bigger from Veg to end of Bloom
to harvest. So at 36 inches you’re looking at a 50 inch plant at harvest.

My tent is only 2.5X2.5X5.5FT marshydro.

2 Likes

They do look pretty puny in there :blush:. When do I top the apical bud and train the laterals?

:yum: Gorilla Glue… are you doing 18/6 until they get 36” and then you switch to 12/12?

1 Like

i would wait a while on your soil plants, they are just babies. what light you got over them? i would probably start lowering it some. don’t want littles to get too much high intensity light but when they get 6 or 7 nodes on them they will take it better.

1 Like

i don’t top plants until at least the 4th node shows, i top mine twice, once at 4 or 5th node and once after two more nodes grow from each new stem.

1 Like

thanks for the compliment bud, but i’m just past being a novice in my mind. mind you, i did get 17 and 24 ozs from my 2nd and 3rd grows, but i have a lot to learn about keeping the plants healthier during flower stage, i lose my sun leaves too fast

2 Likes