Arborholic’s Hot Mess Grow Log #1

@fano_man called it a few days ago, but I got busy removing trees off houses and cars after a huge wind and ice storm. I lucked out that they didn’t pollinate yet. That I can tell anyway.

1 Like

Great bro I’m glad it was separated in time :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

:sweat_drops: whew :sweat_smile:

Sure do appreciate your help man!

1 Like

Any time man i remeber beingnin your shoes it was alot to take in

1 Like

No doubt!

1 Like

Nice job, would have have been nut fest before long.

1 Like

Sausage anyone?

1 Like

The boys are having fun in there. Pollen everywhere! I hope I got them in the Man Cave in time.

Meanwhile, back in Hydroland:

Diagnosis please?

The large plant has faded patches in the middle of the leaves. The smaller plants have yellowing in the newer growth. What do you think?

Here’s the stats:
1-18-21

24 hrs after moving the large plant from one hydro tent to the other- new nutes. The smaller plants were transplanted from soil to hydro last night also.

pH 6.4

PPM 1009

EC 2019

Rez water temp 76.2*f (the chiller will be set up tomorrow)

Tent temp 78-82*f

Humid 60%

Light Mars Hydro TSW 2000 set 26” above canopy of tallest plant at 75% power at 18/6

Nutes: Hydroguard, Armor Si, CalMag, 1/4 strength GH Flora Grow, Flora Micro.

1 Like

Diagnosis assist?
@ob
@fano_man
@dbrn32
@merlin44
@PhillyRock
@Deepsix
@monkman

@AnyoneAnyoneBuellerBueller?

Early stage of potassium deficiency?

2 Likes

I’m not a hydro guy but I keep reading they enjoy their nute solution to be around 5.8pH
but double check me first. Second, I’m completely lost when it comes to hydro it sounds fantastic but I live on the 3rd floor, so I can’t risk it.

The stripes look like either Iron or magnesium deficiency but I could be wrong.
Here, check this out, it’s what I use to help diagnose an issue.

1 Like

Or this is the other one that gets around. This image has more miles on it than my mothers
81 Oldsmobile.

2 Likes

Thanks Philly. These charts are great. I’m soaking in the info.

The soil pH was about 7.2 (soil they came from) so I chose 6.2 pH, which rose to 6.4 in 24 hrs. I will have to hear a hard yes from some hydro folk that pH 5.8 is ideal. As a tree person those 5.5 to 5.8 just bucks against my training. In trees. In soil. So nothing like growing canna in a tent. In water. :joy:

One thing to be conscious of be careful fiddling with your males and going strait to your females you can easily spread pollen like that accidentally and if males dont have a filter your blowing pollen around your house

1 Like

She look like a man

The range for cannabis in soil is 6.0-7.0 with the sweet spot being 6.5pH. It’s not the soil so much as the nutrients being available to the plant within a small window, especially with the vast variety of vitamins cannabis needs.

To prevent further disruption to those plants I suggest getting the heck off here and go right to a good source for hydro. You want to get that pH in check as quickly as possible. I’m not an expert by any means but certain things I read get stuck in my head. That 5.8pH is one of them. Actually if I could trade that bit of information outta my head and trade it for something I NEED to remember, I’d be happy to trade you.

Regardless, I hope you find an answer and fix your problems fast. Don’t want to see those babies suffer any more. Meanie! (Obviously a joke).

I’d say if your feeding the checklist then you got uptake issues from ph 5.8 in hydro 6.5 soil
Also you need to get up from 1/4 strength lower silica bring cal mag and trio up

1 Like

Silica is going to be swinging you up and when you use silica in hydro it is highly recomended to thoroughly dissolve silica into a bit of water and poured into res to help dissolve faster and it should always be added first it can block certain nutes I forget p or k but it can cause uptake issues as well from the sediment fallout so silica thoroughly dissolved then add other nutes bubble for a while then ph then switch res
And if in not mistaken there’s a few other very helpful hydro nutes to that bunch you have @peachfuzz can u check his nutes and see what he might need asap

1 Like

Happy anniversary, my brother :+1:t4: :v:t4:

1 Like

Do you have any suggestions? I’ve been reading articles and watching YouRube vids.
I have been a meanie plant owner! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: