April 22’ Valued Member of the month!

Bravo and so well deserved :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Congrats @Graysin I know you have been a huge help! Thanks for your efforts and time!

3 Likes

@Graysin DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO!
well done and much deserved

3 Likes

Congrat @Graysin. Happy growing!!!

3 Likes

Ok mr @Graysin My girls are about 5 weeks into flower the Daiquri plant girl is very very sticky and some leave are so sticky. My armhairs got sticky. Some leaves are yellow with sugar all over them. Then Mentos girl is also sticky. Skittles girl has changed I dont know if she is revegging or growing more she was in flower like the other ones.so what is the most important readings for photos in flower DLI OR PPFD? Now I adjusted ppfd to 725-740. But the DLI is about 39.6 -42.0 temps 72 -76 RH 60%-48% what is the best number ppfd or dli?@JaneQP @DrWoo @Covertgrower @Audiofreak

1 Like

I think they’re the same metric measured in different terms. @dbrn32 is the master of lighting - although I am finding @NoOptionsGenetics is also very good at breaking light down in a way I can understand.

I operate with DLI because it feels like a more universal average (I.e. if I take 20 readings at the same level of my canopy, I can add em all together and know my average DLI is X). PPFD is a bit more specific, in that you’re really measuring the light output in a specific spot. I guess there’s no good reason you couldn’t add together and create an average the same way as for DLI, it’s just not what I really see as the standard/norm. I couldn’t tell you why.

3 Likes

Dli integrates light intensity with amount of light time. So not really the same, but if you have one you can calculate the other.

One thing often missed is that ppfd average is what should be used to calculate dli.

7 Likes

Congrats @Graysin well deserved Sir.

2 Likes

So what hapens hereI adjust for higher DLI then PPFD goes above 900. Burns leaves. Then I raise up light Ppfd goes down as the Dli does so I decided to run by PPFD

Congrats @Graysin :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Read post again, the bottom part specifically. Should make more sense. You’re taking single point ppfd and dli measurements, which is basically useless.

2 Likes

2 Likes

How would I look at that chart if starting with seedling instead of clone Sis? @MeEasy gave me that chart I believe yesterday or the day before. I’m on my first auto run.

1 Like

I would say start between 10 n 15 dli and increase like 5 or so every week of course on shorter veg you’d increase faster weekly

2 Likes

Sorry I meant to give credit to @MeEasy for that chart!

1 Like

I’m on day 16 from sprout. So 10 to 15 dli and go from there ?

4 Likes

That’s not necessary at all, feel free to use anything I’ve put out there

1 Like

Yep maybe a tiny bit more 2 weeks you’d be close to 20. Most of the time the plants grow towards the light and increase the dli as they go until we start cutting and bending on them anyway

1 Like

@Graysin Congrats!!!

1 Like

@Graysin I’m still working my way around the site and all so (newbie) I’m late to this thread but did notice the change to your profile lol. Well done!!! You definitely know your weed! Keep on teaching on!!!

2 Likes