Approaching Harvest, thoughts on splitting and ice bath

@PurpNGold74 would adding a c02 bag do anything? Been hearing talk about that also

To get benefit from CO2 requires an insane amount of light. Like 1000 plus ppfd i believe. @dbrn32 knows the science better then me. But most home growers dont even come near half the needed light density

2 Likes

@TDubWilly just finished a closed loop run with a C99/Durban Thai cross.

Here’s what I got from a commercial grower on the subject:

IF you have optimized everything else in your grow then stem splitting might provide a benefit. Same with ice baths. Darkness is a different animal: you are trying to sequester nutrients into the roots just before harvest so they are not trapped in the flower; producing a harsh flavor.

The most effective means of increasing trichome production (IMO) is lowering the RH to 25% or so the final 10 to 14 days. The plant will respond by producing more trichomes to try to retain water better.

11 Likes

So it wouldnt be worth to get one of those exhale bags?

1 Like

It really. But if it matters in ur mind. What else does. Again if ur not over lighted and closed system… its kinda pointless

1 Like

You could increase your harvest potential by probably 3-4 times without buying a single thing. All you have to do is get yourself to a full canopy. Run more plants or veg longer and do more training. No reason to start talking about co2 until you are hitting limiting factors within your grow.

You could have $1500 lights and co2 burner, you would still be looking at 3-4 oz plant. Or easily pull 12 zips with the light you have on ambient co2. This hobby is a lot like golf, in that most expensive clubs doesn’t make you 0 handicap. There are some things well in justification of spending a little extra cash. Co2 on your first couple of grows ain’t one of them. Save your cash for things your plants need, or to put towards items that will have bigger impact on your success.

9 Likes

@PurpNGold74

Is it normal for everyone of my plants tips to turn brown? Kinda worried lol

1 Like

I did add 3x the amount of nutes I usually do becauze i found out ive been way under the mark. Maybe i added a little too much cus its not super bad. I flushed today with ph water.

The brown tips are nute burn. Did you flush and then feed today? What nutes are you using? Did you test you run off?

I fed today with 25% runoff. Hoping it got whatevwe leftovers out and next time ill def tone it down. Im using General hydro trio. Think i just over did it. I did not test runoff.

1 Like

Check that runoff when u over do it. Gives u a rough point to know is the limit. And burnt tips is a good sign in my grows. Not overly nute burnd. Just very full bellies

1 Like

I got my microscope in the mail today, they look cloudy to me. Thoughts?

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74

Quite a few of your photos focus on sugar leaf trichs… you have to scope the buds. We smoke fat buds, sugars mature prematurely

3 Likes

new pics i took

2 Likes

Ton of clear. Couple cloudy. One or two ambers

2 Likes

That’s friggen unreal. Looks the goods.

1 Like

Green jewels when testing runoff what is optimal outcome? Lower ph? Or should one watch ppms on runoff in a soil drow

@Nuvo I test my run off ph to make sure my pH is in range around 6.5 and I test the TDS to make sure she is eating what I give her. If my run off pH is off, I’ll know and I can get her back in range by adjusting the pH of what I give her. So for example if I feed at a pH of 6.5 and 700ppm and my run off was 6.3 and 500ppm I would know she’s eating what I fed her (probably why pH dropped, it usually does when they eat good) next feed or water I would adjust what I put in to 6.7 to get my pH back up.

1 Like

Well , I measured my ph in runoff was 5.85, put in 6.3ph.