API 6.5 ph stabilizer?

Im having some issues keeping my water at a 6.5 ph level. Can i use API 6.5 ph aquarium stabilizer to ph my water?

1 Like

exact PH is not so important IMHO…just stay in the range as much as possible…I have no experience with the aquarium stabilizer…

1 Like

If it has this warning then id definitely not use it for a human consumption vegetable or any vegetable really

If you are trying to stable solution to be stored for a couple of days, just pH it to the low end, 6.3. I can mix 5 gallons of Jack’s at 6.3, and it only drifts up about .05 a day. By day 3, when I’m at the bottom of the bucket, it’s only around 6.5-.6. depending on the nutes and whatever else you put in (calmag, silica, boosters), as well as water type, depends on how quick the drift occurs. Using a $12 wavemaker from Amazon in the bucket will help keep nutes mixed well and can slow the drift some.

2 Likes

Seems like an awfully expensive way to manage pH.

Im using tap.im using Ph down. My tap is around 7.5 and i add less than what the instructions say. ( maybe 4 cc ) i come back after 30 min and test and the ph will drop to the mid to high 5s. I had one i had left the top off and 2 days later it was 6.7 so i used it to water.

1 Like

I use a little citric acid to lower ph.just takes a pinch.

1 Like

I do the same if need. I had to all the time in coco. In soil, using Jack’s, so far every different ratio I’ve mixed lands between 6.43-.54. Adding boosters (I never go full bore with them) my pH hasn’t gone below 6.32.

1 Like

That sounds like a better option than the stuff i was looking at. Ill give this a shot. What ratio are you using? Gallon containers?

1 Like

My well water is around 7.5. I use a little less than a 1/4 tsp, and it drops it to 6.5. A bottle of citric acid you buy at the grocery store lasts a long long time for about 4 bucks. I grow organic in living soil, so I’m not sure it’s even necessary, but it makes me feel better.

1 Like

@Dexterado im growing in Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. My runoffs are matching my ph going in and out. I just gotta find the sweet spot…

And that’s per gallon. Forgot to mention that.

Nutrition mixed first before trying to adjust the PH

1 Like

Yes sir. Ive stopped the nutes for now. Im just going to go with ph tap until i can get a little nitrogen problem took care of along with the ph