Aphids have arrived

I’ve noticed some small bugs on my plants. I don’t have a picture yet to post of them, but they look like aphids to me. My plants are about 4 weeks old. I do not see any real serious damage yet. I believe they just recently arrived, since I have only spotted a few, but I have also found some eggs on the stems and leaves. I’ve been researching effective treatment and I’m thinking of trying a spray made with neem oil. Will sticky fly paper be effective also?

What have you all had success with when it comes to eliminating and deterring these pests?

1 Like

I wouldn’t spray anything. I remove aphids with my fingers, water pressure & soap, and predators. You only have the one small plant, so it’s not hard to keep them in check. You don’t need to eliminate them completely; you only need to keep them from ruining your harvest.

It’s likely that they’re harboring somewhere else on your property. It might be useful to figure that out.

Releasing a predator like orius insidious is the extreme end of my response options.

1 Like

If it boils down to spraying the plant. Captain jacks deadbug. Hope u figure this problem out. I hate bugs

3 Likes

Stuff works great

2 Likes

Yes @Joshmcginnis28 had aphiids or thrips super bad last grow and capn jacks wotked wonders for his grow. Can be used throughout the grow start to finish even in flower.

3 Likes

I have been removing Should I be worried about these leaves. They have curled up, will they need special attention? Will they recover?

2 Likes

Ditto the Captn Jacks Dead Bug… you can use it all the way through flower.

1 Like

Yup captain Jack’s was a life saver. Just don’t let off the gas petal lol. Keep applying even if think we’re gone. I didn’t. They came back stronger and then I doubled up on recipe and knocked them out for good finally

1 Like

Because it’s spinosad, right? That’s banned for cannabis use in Oregon (because Oregon is basically the only state doing pyrolysis testing).

The plant looks fine! Just keep removing them and you’ll be set.

2 Likes

I’m with @KeystoneCops about this one. Sounds like you caught the little bastards early enough to get rid of them by squishing them and their eggs. It’s rather satisfying. Aphids are pretty easy to eradicate as long as you catch them early enough which sounds like your situation.

The plants are looking good!

1 Like