Apera PC60 Meeter

So I went ahead and bought the Apera PC60 meeter I have it completely calibrated but at the end of the video on their youtube, it states that the meter can not read the ph of distilled or deionized water, in that case, will I be able to use distilled water for my grow like I was planning on doing any help would be appreciated as I’m very confused here haha @Hellraiser @dbrn32

I have a Apera PH60 it reads distilled water the same as my other PH pen.

1 Like

Not just plain distilled or ro water. Put some calmag in it to put some devolved solids in then it will read. The reason you can’t measure ph of ro water theres not enough dissolved solids in it to get an accurate reading. Ro water is supposed to be nutruel anyways. Few MLS of calmag and it will be fine

5 Likes

But thats a multi meter could change the game.

1 Like

I figured it reads and measures it due to using the ph20 i know it reads my distilled at 6.0 and that is what is was reading on the pc60 also I just don’t know why in the calibration video published by Apera they said that it does not read ph of distilled of deionized water lol

1 Like

Because it’s just guessing. There’s not enough ions in the water to be able to give a true ph. Pouring distilled or RO water into your soil will just take on the ph of the soil. No need to ph distilled/ro water. Just pour it in. Once you add nutrients enough to reach 100ppm, then you’ll need to adjust ph.

5 Likes

Awesome I appreciate it yall makes sense lol

1 Like

@BobbyDigital @TLC @Dieselgrow1031 What would be best for me to use water wise then distilled or something like Primo water that comes in 5gall jugs it is I believe it is purified with minerals I am on well water atm my family doesn’t drink it at all we just use it for washing stuff only plus its on a water softener besides my outside spigot that’s straight from the well

I never liked distilled. It seemed to leach nutrients from my plants. I use RO and tap.

1 Like

@Bobbydigital I’m not to fond of the RO system because of the waste it produces or is there a lot of waste or no?

I use Well Water straight from the Well lol ppm’s bounce around with the rain just figure that into your nutrient program. Works for me :v:t3:

1 Like

Just grabbed a bottle full from the spigot gonna check ph and ec/ppm of it to see where it stands it smells vary irony to me imo lol

1 Like

I get as much as 200ppm low as 45

1 Like

Thats not bad as long as I’m not over like 300 I feel I’m good haha it taste A LOT better straight from the well rather than the tap inside the house wtf lol

1 Like

@TLC 7.4 PH, 633PPM. around a 900 EC, I don’t think its useable what do you think this was also without letting my spigot run for a minute?

Thats no good!

1 Like

Well that sucks lol was really hoping to use it is that even drinkable last time I remember seeing something you shouldn’t drink water over a 500 ppm i tell ya what tho my whole yard full of hostas love it lol

Run a few gallons out and recheck it if it’s bad back to your original plan.

1 Like

Yeah I think ill be doing distilled water for this grow then possible switching to a RO system because I don’t think my readings are going to change too much I was just watering my yard yesterday for a few hours so I’ve ran a bunch through already but ill try and run a few gallons through tomorrow and take readings again to see if there’s a difference was worth trying atleast lol

1 Like

What strain (s) are you growing? Welcome to the Forum :+1:t3:

1 Like