Apera EC60 Help - will not Calibrate 3rd?

Not sure why but I go thru the first and second calibration steps and all is good but I am confused about the 3rd it say use cali. solution 10.01 I don’t have that with the kit, do I need to calibrate the 3rd to use the tester properly. I have the 7.00, 4.00, solution for PH and 12.88 and 1423 solution for conductivity is that all I need, or do I need the 10.1 to complete calibration, a little confused could use some guidance.

https://smile.amazon.com/Atlas-Scientific-Electrode-Calibration-Solution/dp/B0063MVU5S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?tag=ilovegrowingm-20

1 Like

Thanks for the info, but do I need the 10.00 and the 3 calibration ? or can I use the tester with out it ?

1 Like

Follow the procedure in the manual. If you need a 3.0 solution instead of a 4.0 to do it per the instructions, then you can probably find it on Amazon. My Apera is 4, 7, and 10.

1 Like

Yes, it can be used confidently with just a 2 point calibration. Just treat it as normal and you’ll be fine. I believe the third point just allows it to carry it’s internal calculations out another decimal point for a “slightly” more precise reading. I would go ahead and get the extra solution kit when possible and check it every month at least, but it’s fine for use with a 2 point.

1 Like

I have the apera 60 and the only time I ever did all three was when I replaced the probe.
I keep storage solution in the cap and calibrate when it gets off of 7 when I turn it on and when I change the solution.
I never have to measure anything in the extreme ends so 4 and 10 not really useful.
My kit came with all three 4,7 and 10.

2 Likes

Thank you, I just didn’t understand why it didn’t come with it, if required. I will pick up the 10.00 and set the 3rd calibration. Its water day and I want to do my 1st slurry and PPM ck. Hope I get this right.

2 Likes

@roost1 has a point I forgot to mention - use a storage solution in the cap to keep the bulb moist between uses. You can use a few drops of distilled or RO until you pick up that kit. Another thing the Apera kit doesn’t come with.
Just fill to the line on the cap to keep the PPM probes in the proper range too.

I love my pen, and it’s worlds above the cheap knock off ones, but those 2 things bugged the shit out of me too!
No 3 solutions and no storage solution.
It was very disappointing honestly, but I just got over it. It’s typical of businesses to sell you something that you immediately have to spend more money on sadly.

Best of Luck to you bro!

2 Likes

I agree. Keep fresh storage solution in the cap at ALL times. If it dries out for a month you will be replacing the probe.

2 Likes