Aotea Grow Journal

Thanks man. Appreciate your help.

1 Like

Absolutely good idea @Leholf
Iā€™ve left the base of my plants still growing with the remaining cola that I pollinated intact.
Attempted to Nana my plants last year but gave up in the end due to not knowing what I was doing.
My thoughts this year is maybe these base structures with a little bit of popcorn sprouting out could actually winter over.
Get clones from them in spring.
That would be awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Got to be worth a try right ? Could make ur grow next year cheaper and hopefully easier to start

1 Like

Watch this space @AoteaGrower

ok so just did a feed and some numbers are starting to move out of the norm.
water in was 1lire of pHā€™d water with 1ml/L of of my various nutes.
pH6.3 PPM 550 (bare in mind i fed a little early as ill be too busy this weekend. maybe 12hrs erly. needed to wait one more light cycle but life goes on)

water out for rose (left)
300ml run off
pH6.2
Ppm 1000

water out monster
400ml run off
pH 6.0
Ppm900

the pH is getting a little on the low side for monster. should i start raising the pH of the water going in for this one ? up it to say 6.5 ?
thanks guys.

i took photos but they had just woken so a little camera shy will post after some more growrth.

1 Like
1 Like

not too worried about feeding a little early, but am concerned with watering a little early. be careful, my first grow i ruined a plant by watering too early and giving her wet feet. i stressed her bad with the wet feet and she hermied on me. it is why it is important to water when she wants it, not when itā€™s convenient to you. i now use regen a root and hydroguard with every watering to help keep this from happening.

Rest assured both of these ladies are very genetically solid! One of the mothers still hasnā€™t final solutioned herself , closing on 3 weeks from cull. Thereā€™s no danger of hermie there at all with those

1 Like

iā€™m sorry, iā€™m under the impression that any plant can hermie if it is stressed to a point, maybe iā€™m wrong in that. the one that hermied for me was a fem white widow from ILGM, and iā€™m pretty sure they have pretty good genetics. also, i donā€™t remember when in the growth that i did this, but it might have been in flower already, but not sure without going back to look. i looked and yes they were in flower when i watered too early.

Helped me thanks.
@AoteaGrower

Took a look at the last pics you posted of the ladies the first two pics they look Thirsty especially the Sativa dominant plant. Notice after they were watered how they perked up! The purpose of flushing in soil is either theres problems or the plants need more nutrients for the stage there in plus it does help break up the salt block.
Now that you have your PPMā€™S in a good range the trick is to maintain that level. So if you water thru for run off and your PPMā€™S are 800 and thats where you want to keep it feed with 800 if you water with just water the plant isnā€™t getting much because the pot got diluted. Spot checking your run off is a good idea. From my experiences in growing itā€™s rather difficult to drown a mature marijuana plant. :v:t3:

1 Like

Makes me think that I have been letting the pot dry out a little too much and that my timing of the feed last night was about right then. Also Iā€™m not 100% but quote often I get in there and take photos about 2hrs after lights have come on so they are still waking up. That could be why they looked a little droopy. As for the ppm Iā€™ll just keep feeding them how Iā€™m feeding but should I be looking at upping the pH on the water in to try raise the pH of the water out a little ?

3 Likes

I think your PH is fine just keep doing what your doing plantā€™s look good!

3 Likes

So the plants where sucking up the water in under 2 days so where in need of a bigger pot. Have moved them up to 3 gallon air pots, as I used the same substrate (hot soil) the ppm is through the roof. I feed them pHā€™d water with no nutes and did a mini flush 1.5L run off to try get the ppm down. Will do a bigger flush on the next feed to try lower the ppm. On the plus side the root base looked really good on both plants

6 Likes

Nice roots you have there! What you think about those funky pots?

1 Like

Thanks. Not sure what I think about them yet haha. Will see how they grow. On my next grow Iā€™m going to run 4 plants and do two in the air pots and two in same size but fabric and see if there is a difference.

2 Likes

That would be interesting to see. Those pots you have now have always looked weird to meā€¦hahaha.

1 Like

I think so too haha. They guy in my local hydroponic shop raved about them. Only time will tell

2 Likes

There a funky called madina pot for Pot!

@Bluntsmoke im assuming this is what u ment :sweat_smile:

1 Like