Aotea Grow Journal

Good luck. Mine turned out awesome. One cap is all it takes. Might be too strong for Mrs. Newt.

1 Like

Ive got so much cannabis that needs to be made into something.
Up til recently i havnt had an oven.
Have a mbm but not used it.
Get so busy with my grow and work and travel and the land requirements.
Last winter we had no fire wood choppef it as we went cause i forgot and to busy with processing 20 odd plants some with bud rot.
Its great living off grid but it can also be so basic if living on a shoe string budget.
Like flicking a switch and a light comes on and stays going.
Run a fan without first setting up an extension cord from an inverter.
To get water gotta pump water to a top tank let alone lay all the piping first.
On a day off once ever 4 days.
Anyway its all good.
So i need to learn this decarbing and infusing can you run me through what you do @AoteaGrower
Or anyone else willing to share.
Cheers :beers:

I just followed the instructions in the Mbm user manual. 30min at 130 deg F in an oven tray with tinfoil over the top. Seemed to do the trick. Its in some honey now and works well. Maybe even too strong. Will have to dilute it a little

1 Like

Starting to get a bit bushy now. Need to get some training clips. How much longer shall i let them grow before i start to top some of them ? @Newt

2 Likes

Topping is optional, and looking at your plants probably could be skipped. The reason to top is that where you do, you turn a single growth into two. It is a good way to increase the bushiness of your plants. These seem bushy enough to me. But if you do decide to top, please understand that you will need to give them additional time in veg, while the plant heals, and then grows out the new tops.

3 Likes

4 and a bit jars of some good CBD honey. Locally sourced from a friend, still has quite a sharpe taste to it from the Alpine star but guess that just comes with the territory

3 Likes

So my 3D printed LST clips got put to use tonight. Before and after shots. Canopy is pretty even now. Even between plants which is ideal. so guess i just let them grow for a bit right ? @Newt
They are due a feed tomorrow night which will give them a little boost. Still no topping yet but i dont think its needed like you said Newt.

2 Likes

You are rocking it. I wouldn’t change anything. What I would do next (if they were mine) is let them grow upwards enough that you can easily get under the canopy for watering/feeding and defoliation. Well done, you are going to have a lot to colas!

3 Likes

Thanks mate. So for that do i leave the clips on for a few days and then remove them and leave it to do its thing ?

Depends on your patience level, I suspect. :wink:

If you remove them, it will get taller faster, but you will lose some of that beautiful canopy flatness. But to get that back, it would just be clips and more time.

2 Likes

Got in there and did some pruning today. Doesnt even look like i did anything. Just trimmed up around the stem to make watering easy. Looking healthy tho.

3 Likes

Very nice indeed @AoteaGrower