Anyway to make my plant flower?

Hi guys, after some advice as my plant is driving me insane.
I was given some clones of a local strain (satvia from the look of it) by a kind hearted friend after the “cheese” seeds I had gone to great lengths to obtain mysteriously disappeared from the package on the last leg of its journey! I live in SE Asia so obtaining quality seeds is an issue.

The clones did not initially fair to well, 3 of the 6 died within a few days. 1 did ok but the other 2 lagged significantly behind. The stronger plant grew to about a meter in a reasonable amount of time but then my luck was to strike again when a gust of wind blew a loose wooden board directly on top of my plant pretty much pulverizing it!
So I am left with clones 2 and 3. 3, the smallest of the clones appears to be frozen in time, it doesn’t grew but it doesn’t die. It just remains pretty much as I got it even after 12/13 weeks. I have since passed it on to a more experienced grower to see if he can awaken it.
So I am left with the middle child, number 2. I have followed advice on ph levels, nutrients, watering, topping etc and have eventually coaxed number 2 to grow to nearly a meter tall now. Not the bushest or healthiest looking plant you will ever see but ok I guess. The thing is though that it has now been in “veg” for 4 months with no sign of flowering.
It is grown outside and is currently receiving 12/12 day/night. It is exceptionally hot here at the moment but as it’s a local strain I think it is probably used to the conditions.
Is there anything I can do to encourage it to flower as I am concerned it is going to take many more months before I have smokable weed. I really could do with it sometime in the near future as I am trying to ditch painkillers but have no chance of achieving that without an alternative.
I will try to get a picture of it if that helps but I can’t make it down the garden today, lacking mobility really sucks. Lol
Grateful for any advice received.

Don’t have a clue buddy. If it is getting 12 solid hours of dark, it should bloom. Maybe it’s getting light somewhere during light out?

1 Like

I did think of that and moved it to a place in the garden that is completely shielded from any unnatural light but it’s still a no show.
Thanks anyway, all advice helps me rule out possible causes.

Sorry buddy, I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe someone will come along and have some answers for ya

1 Like

You should probably check when the outdoor growing season is for where you live.

1 Like

Where I live has only a small deviation from 12/12 all year so maybe I have wrongly assumed that there is no growing season to speak of. Would that assumption be incorrect?
I should mention that initially I was giving the plants an extra 6 hours light using T5 fluorescent but the local who gave me the clones told me I was just wasting energy and they would be fine without the additional light. His plants from the same batch have long since flowered but he is not really an expert grower and can’t shine any light on what is going on with mine. :frowning:

Do you have any pics!!

1 Like

I will try to take some in the morning and post them.

I do have some new seeds from a different grower but I am reluctant to start them just in case I am doing something horribly wrong and I waste them. It has taken me years to get this far lol.

IF you plan to keep growing, suggest you do several things.
1…get a PH n PPM Meter set…$20 online CRITICAL to have
2…get growing media
3…download and read the growing guide here for free.
4…consider which nutrients are available to your southeast location and best for your situation
5…might also seek out tomato bloom spray…this will help induce flowering.
6…if possible move plant to dark after 11 hours. or cover to reduce sunlight.

1 Like

Thank you tanlover442 some useful food for thought there.

1. :white_check_mark:
  2. Grow media is not as easy as you might expect but I have just managed to order some perlite and peatmoss online. I did my best with what was available at the time but I suspect it is not the best. Strange thing is the guy who gave me the clones just planted his in the horrible clay soil we have here and had more success.
  3. :white_check_mark:
  4. Nutrients I can get, maybe not ideal but at least I can get a variety of products.
  5. Tomato bloom I think I can get but I was unsure if I should use it before the flowering process had begun. Thanks I will try that.
  6. Good idea, I will also try this asap.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

copy what friend is doing…

1 Like

Yep, I am probably overthinking the whole thing. Stink it in a hole in the garden and just let it take care of itself like the locals do. :joy:

1 Like

Since everywhere in the world is different, its difficult to keep up with the different growing seasons. But the whole 12 hours of lighting is really an indoor thing. Plants outside will flower with more than 12 hours of light.

What I’m wondering is if maybe you’re just out of season. If you supplemented light through the normal flowering period for your region, and now days are getting longer or something, would kind of behave like you are saying. Could totally be a number of issues as well, just a guess.

2 Likes

A usually easy to find nutrient is fish emulsion. Good stuff. Affordable.

1 Like

Here is the lady in question.

q

I just checked the official sun up/down times and it works out to 12hr 40mins daylight and I guess that will creep up to 13 hrs by the middle of June. So yes the days are getting slightly longer at the moment.
Suprised me it varied that much to be honest.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what happened. But I don’t really grow outside, and live in a place that gets up to about 15 hours of daylight. To my understanding, outdoor plants start flowering about 4 weeks or so after that here. But you should check this out for your part of the world.

1 Like

So will it just stay in veg until the days start to shorten again?
If you are correct then I should probably get a shift on with germinating my new seeds?

2 Likes

I seen a guy going through longer days when trying to flower and he ended up just placing a couple black tarps over the plants to give them the 12 hours of darkness. Just a thought :call_me_hand:

3 Likes