Anythoughts or help on this grow greatly appreciated

I put a lot of thought in this and have done my home work but who knows? Thanks for the good pointers for me though any good advice will help also…

What is the lights wattage
What medium are you using
Everything else looks very clean tho best of luck

Here’s a really good light meter for iphones. Not out on Android yet. https://growlightmeter.com/
If on Android like me I just use the ppfd meter off the play store. Works really well for free and me.
Screenshot_20210424-073705_One UI Home
If your phone has a crappy light sensor it won’t work well. Since they use your exposure sensor. Works fantastic with 108mp samsung

The light watts is 600 on veg light with both on its like 1200 watt…also the seeds r auto flower plants but I read the more u provide the right environment the better they will grow… Thanks

Here is my light features

Need actual wattage. Usually 10% of name. Name is what they claim to be equivalent of old hps. Like the sf2000 is only 200 actual. Light is the most important. Don’t want a cheap one.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This is the light I got

Noticing what looks like your intake coming in right next to your exhaust filter, if that’s the case… you want the intake at the bottom and exhaust at the top so you are cycling fresh air through it.
How it is now, if I’m right, fresh air goes straight back out of the tent and stale air remains in 80% of the tent.

Good luck with the grow!

Watch the video. If/when you have time. Most here avoid blurple lights

This is the channel I watch when it comes to lights. Dude really knows his shit.

Carbon air filter system Is routed back in to the top… I’m new to the carbon filter system read that u can route your air system back in to keep a continuous fresh air flow in tent… what if I put my duct work through the bottom to bring the clean air back in the grow room?

Yep, intake at the bottom, exhaust at the top.
Filter or no filter, same thing.

Thanks for the advise will check that out

What do you mean back in?
Is the exhaust ducting going straight back into the tent?
That’s not fresh air.

I pull temp & humidity controlled air in from the room and vent outdoors through the window once in in vegetation stage.
Seedling kept at 60% humidity exhaust comes back into the room to keep humidity in.
Once in vegetation and I don’t need 60% it vents outdoors

I don’t believe blurples have any canopy penetration either. Don’t know what you paid for that light but you always do your research.

That light is only 235 w from the wall even tho it says 1200 w. Advertised.

• 【VEG & BLOOM Double Channel】The VEG channel utilizes a full spectrum of colors for germinating seedlings and young plants consuming 155W of power. The BLOOM channel implements more red wavelengths to simulate late summer and is most suited for plants in the flowering stage while consuming only 80W. VEG and BLOOM can be used together to encourage maximum growth performance from seedling to harvest. This light can replace a traditional 1200W HPS/MH lamp while consuming only 235W total !

Copied from their description on Amazon.
Just base your coverage on the actual wall draw not the advertised.
:v::call_me_hand:

This guy isn’t telling you about what light to buy. He tells the recent studies and myth and where we are improving. Like red and blue have zero effect on what stage the plant is in. A set distance from a light like 12" is an absurd way to generalize where a light hangs. What uv and far reds do. What blue and red can be used for, which most of the community is still backwards on. Red promotes stretch, blue keeps em bushy. if you increase your light beyond your ammenenties for the plant it will cause defiency before burn if you aren’t increasing everything else with it. It’s not about lights, it’s about light.

And how I’m doing this with no downside.

1 Like

Figured out things did some adjustments watched some videos about lighting and air… I do not have a inTake fan but I can compromise which Is fine… The light I have will work good understand that lighting was a big help and I can monitor it also… My seeds r doing great…

Plus it will help pull out the hot air at the top of the tent since heat rises. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like