Anything I can use to camouflage my plant?

I was thinking some kind of camouflaged tent or wall of some sort? I’m growing outside with nosy neighbors but the spot is kind of further in the forest.

3 Likes

I would start by dressing the plants up a little. Grab some silk style flowers at your local arts & crafts joint and adorn some branches. Or you can try fake cherry tomatoes.

Then you can snip just the pointy tips of the large leaves so they don’t look like cannabis leaves.

Companion crop similar height flowers, I like echinacea.

Besides that, I would stay away from obvious camouflage like netting, etc. in close proximity that stuff screams you are hiding something.

A wall of sunflowers would be a good blocker, but many others plants can be planted with and around to the point that a stoner could be staring at the plants and not know they are there.

Good luck. Start a grow journal when you begin, I’d love to check it out. I’m an outdoor grower. About to harvest 5 plants I started in November indoors then kicked outside.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info, I do have a journal with a lot of information about growing outside. If I do cut the leaves off when they grow will that affect the end result of the grow? Also I would love to let you know how it goes. I’m growing Bergmans golden autoflower.

1 Like

Just the very tips. Plant will think it’s being snacked on and build more resin.

I did just that, but I cut off more than I’m suggesting you do.

That’s goldleaf. Didn’t bulk up this winter grow, but I’ll take it. Harvesting tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Looks really good, one last question for the night. What can I do about the smells in the flowering stage?

1 Like

Grow stinky plants. Night blooming jasmine off the top of my head.

Basil, mint, catnip, lemon balm, hyssop…

4 Likes

Welcome.! I would keep the visits to the plants to a minimum. And the best way to do that is to Prepare the holes With everything the plants going to need. It really doesn’t take many visits to leave a trail for nosy neighbors or thieves. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

1 Like

this will sound crazy but I have used corn to use as a fence and seen plants hidden between tomatoes. I loved somebodys idea of adding silk flowers and hibiscus plants I saw on this site

3 Likes

Lattice and plant morning glories at the base of it. They grow at a very fast rate, you do need to be careful it doesn’t reach out and grab hold of the other plants.

The vine will strangle anything it can

Thank you guys so much for all information, this is going to be a breeze growing for the first time.

1 Like

Elephant grass along with some flowering plants helps.

Their seeds can make you trip out. I was thinking about growing some.

1 Like

Ive had some growing along the side of my house since I bought it. They suck. I cant seem to get rid of them, and they do climb/strangle anything near them.

Like the catnip one of my tenants planted; completey invasive.

3 Likes

I dont have to worry about it so much, beings I live in the desert all I have to do is not water them lmao, we go months with no rain. But I will bear that in mind when I pick a place to plant them, thanks!!

1 Like

Yes, Morning Glory takes over!

I agree 100% with what AAA said, as for companion plants one I suggest is Cleomes also called Spider Flowers. They have similar leaves but also tall flower blooms.

3 Likes

That’s genius, look at those leaves!

1 Like

I think I’m going to use Spider Flowers for my companion plant, they are tall, strong smell, and have spikes to scare away pests.

1 Like

I’d have to have some genetic mutation of corn that grow to 20 feet tall if I went to outdoors. No way I’d be able to mask my grow. :joy:

1 Like