Anything i can do to rehydrate?!

Gorilla Glue auto…this is a first time harvest for me and i feel like i over dried my 4 plants…dried them for 5 days in my tent but i think the humidity was just too low(40-45%). I think my mistake was letting my intake fan continue to filter the air in the tent…anyways, felt way to crispy as i finished a dry trim and jarred them…the the smell in the jars doesnt smell the same either as prior to harvesting…anything i can do to rehydrate at all? Are boveda packs my best bet?

When I need or want to rehydrate buds I use a CLEAN sponge which is moistened with water and place in an open plastic bag. I put the bag in with the buds and monitor until I am happy with the moisture content.

Most people will likely suggest using fan leaves from a growing plant or a piece of fruit or something similar.

3 Likes

Whats your opinion on boveda packs?

1 Like

Boveda packs are good for maintaining moisture content but not so good for increasing it substantially.

2 Likes

If you’ve got a grow going currently cut a few fan leaves and drop them in your bag, jar, whatever. Let the humidity raise to say 65% + and remove them and burp it back down to the proper range.
I like to keep it in the family, so to speak, but there are other options like mentioned above.

4 Likes

If you saved your trim, or have others growing, fan leaves added to the jars works well

3 Likes

Fan leaves if you have em

2 Likes

Do you have any humidity meters that go in your jars? They are a great way to give you an idea of what the humidity is in your jar. Happy curing :v::blush:

1 Like

As always…Thx for the tips gents!

orange rinds
Damp paper towel separated by wax paper so it doesn’t touch the bud directly.

2 Likes

I used orange peels small pieces. Works well

1 Like

@merlin44 @Newt @Tylersays @yourviolentpast @Underthestairs @Flitme @spudeater65
Is it possible to be over dried AND have mold??? My batch doesnt smell like it did before the drying process…is it just the curing process or a problem? Ive read that the smell can change at the beginning of curing, like the smell of grass cuttings, and then change back as curing ages?

1 Like

I have definitely noticed different aromas at different stages of curing. If you have a moldy smell I would inspect everything thoroughly… some strains do get a little funky. But I wouldn’t expect to smell mold or mildew

2 Likes

Yea im not sure what the smell is…cant decide if its like grass or like mold…but i actually thought i was overdried so mold would surprise me. I dried for 5 days and humidity was low, too low

2 Likes

I dried my first harvest for 7 days and it had been wet trimmed. It got the hay smell. It never really got that good cannabis smell. This one wasn’t trimmed wet and it dried for 14 days. It is sticky and smells awesome. It has been in jars for 3 days. I’m going to taste test some in just a little bit. I’ll let you know what I think. :blush::v:

1 Like

Yeah, the smell changes a lot during the cure, so I’d not worry about that. But yes, it is possible (but rare) to both over-dry and have mold, but that mold would likely mot be related to drying, and the spores would have already been active before the drying process began, unless of course the over-dry was a very slow over dry, rather than a quick one. Any mold would be more visible than smellable - at least at first, I’d think

2 Likes

Hey is a great way to describe it! Did that batch smoke well?

1 Like

It was ok. Nothing to write home about. I haven’t grown anything but bag seeds so far. The effects don’t last long but they do take you to a better place! :blush::upside_down_face:
Fixing to sample the new stuff. I’ll let you know :thinking: what I think about it. I gotta say it fun to smell.

1 Like

I sampled some of the girls and I will have to elaborate in a little bit. I will say I’m happy :blush:

2 Likes

tip of the cap