Anyone using the new v4 Megacrop yet?

Like the title, anyone using the new version of MC yet? At the moment it’s only available in the 25lb bag while the smaller bags are still v3. Wanted to give it a try next time around.

Replying to my own post! Got the new 1part mix and so far seems to be working extremely well. Of course it’s on a strain I’ve never grown before so what I see could be more genetics than anything else.

I started with GPD fem, FFHF, germed with a little humic/kelp/azos/mykos and let them pop in the soil only. 2 weeks later transplanted and had the intent of letting them sit in the new soil for another few weeks but I quickly saw what appeared to be potassium deficiency with the first leaf set showing the spots. I immediately started the 1 part MC as directed and from that point on color and growth were spot on. The phenos I have going seem to be more compact and bushy with very tight interspacing between branch nodes. To the point where I was thinking I got autos rather than fems as they were so tight and compact compared to every other grow pic of this strain I’ve seen.

Again, my phenos are very compact, likely will start flower with the plants being around 14" high.

I can’t say with any proof this growth is due to MC but I can say from a basic feed standpoint and veg growth they are doing very well. If the make it through to the end with nothing else and provide high quality flower then I’ll say I’m not switching anymore. And that would prove all the AN I have to have been a waste of cash unless I just burn through a few grows with it to get rid of it.

On the GDP I have no complaints with the new MC. Next strain chosen may be something to stress test the nutrient balance through the cycle.

Happy so far !

2 Likes

As it ends up on ILGM GDP fem, still gotta add cal mag. Since Im using RO I figured this could happen but according to the latest formula/sales pitch they say they’re using multiple sources of calcium/magnesium. Apparently either they’re not using enough, I didn’t get the correct ration of balls to powder or this strain is really putting a hurt on the nutrients.

Since just switching to flower I think I’ll bring up the ppm a bit higher and see if we have any issues going forward. If I get too much N I’ll throw in the pk booster and back off the MC.

Bit of a learning curve, on this grow it’s not a one and done deal but still better than mixing multiple nutes.