Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

@Audiofreak totally… also… talked to their Customer service to get full effect of the terploc tech as well as some other tech built in… you must heat seal the bags… i have sealed some… but most go unsealed.

Thank you once again for the tip @Nicky

7 Likes

Grove bagged last night… Gelato ILGM

13 Likes

right there with ya i actually moved my 3 dozen 1/2 gallon amber ball mason jar collection to the garage

1 Like

So I figure I’m about 2 weeks away from harvest this is my first one what all do I need to dry and cure my bud I already have groove bags but I know it every stage I’ve needed to get s*** immediately so I’d like to be ready this time?

3 Likes

Maybe this will help…

6 Likes

Might want to consider getting a moisture meter to check the buds as they dry. Once they hit 12- 14% moisture bag them. Good luck and happy growing!

Here is a link to a meter:

edited to add tag to link

4 Likes

Awesome thanks, and now I figure curing makes it look n taste better, is that what makes some these buds u get that are super almost like spongy?

3 Likes

Bagged and tagged :wink::facepunch:

8 Likes

Mine are nice and moist after months of curing in these bags. The longer the cure the better it seems.

4 Likes

Shoot. I might be hitting you up to send me a couple of those if I keep infusing oil at the rate I have been. I bet I could return one with some oil too :wink::joy::v:

4 Likes

i got you , i bought out the local stores not that many yrs ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay so I have another question then what is the difference and benefits of dry trimming versus wet trimming?

And also any recommendations on cheap dehumidifier?

The difference in the terms comes from when you trim. If you chop, trim and then dry, you are wet trimming. If you chop, dry, and then trim you are dry trimming.

Both can give you very nicely manicured buds. It is a personal preference.

Having done it both ways, wet trimming is a long and tedious process, but you do get slightly prettier buds, as the sugar leaves are easier to trim this way. But doing so also decreases your dry time. If you are in a low humidity area, I would NOT recommend a wet trim, leaving those leaves helps give a slow even dry.

8 Likes

Yeah that’s what I was looking I’ve wet trimmed before I’ve never dry trimmed and I know how much of a mess it is but I was seeing if there was any big difference in outcome of the buds or anything but I guess not so just preference if you want pretty weed or not? And I’m not in a dry area so

1 Like

But thank you your answers are informative is always an appreciated

1 Like

I find dry trimming much easier and less mess and goo, plus i can get lots of Kief with my trim bin. If i wet trim it goops up the screen and everything else! I give the dry buds a haircut removing everthing extruding from the buds i dont MANICURE as they are for me not to be distributed.

5 Likes

Cool thnx

Exactly my thoughts. Some of us do a bit of wet trim before the dry, kinda’ like a hybrid way. I too use a Wedryer (XL). And I totally agree with @Newt that if your humidity is low don’t wet trim. I prefer a slower dry though so prefer dry trim.

2 Likes

This is my favorite because I can control it from my phone:

edited to add tag to link

2 Likes