Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

I got an odd reading from the bud, 8.5% but I didn’t have the heart to smash it in either :grin:
Stem on that larger sample was 26%… I got a ways to go I guess

2 Likes

Yeah, your moisture is going to be further inside the bud. The outer will dry but then be replenished with the moisture from the inner bud. Think of it like a wick

5 Likes

I’m thinking it IS the bud NOT the stem to test. I’ll call them tomorrow and confirm their suggestion.

3 Likes

The probes are pretty short, probably makes it 1/3 of the way to the center but I didn’t even bottom out on the gun… I pulled out, good habit from high school :rofl:

8 Likes

Oops. Thanx for the info. :green_heart:

1 Like

Ok just spoke to grove bags and they say stick it in the bud not the stem. When the buds show 10/12 % bag them.

10 Likes

Not sure the meter you & I have has pins long enough to reach the center. I could reach the center of a lower popcorn bud but not any of the colas so not sure how you would get a good reading.
Hmmm :thinking:

Unless your buds are hard as rocks just stick and push lightly. No problem to penetrate the bud.

1 Like

Just stuffed 6 1oz bags. Got this as a bonus (using “Trim Bin”.

19 Likes

@Sativafan courious if this is a lot or not to get from one plant? Got a hair over 4 g of keif. Have done reading on it but a little confused about heating it in the press???

1 Like

An eighth oz of pure triches from trim seems like a lot to me.

2 Likes

Having never screening for it I have no clue. But I did get 4 g of keif and a few g’s under 6 ozs of buds from this grow on one plant.

( plant hanging upside down in tent) did a dry trim and screened all debris for the keif.

7 Likes

Quick update: I’ve had 9oz curing in grove bags for the last four weeks. With some in jars too for comparison.

These grove bags seem to do some work with curing. I went ahead and ordered more. Plus my patients love that they are smell proof.

9 Likes

Are you food saver sealing them? Mine aren’t smell proof but I don’t have them perma sealed either

2 Likes

I have sealed them up. Once sealed smell should be contained.

1 Like

I’m not super careful with the kief, a lot gets swept up with the leafs and tossed so I’m not the best judge of that lol

I bought a pollen press , gunna make some pucks.LOL

3 Likes

That’s the most efficient way to store and consume kief imo. Easily carried and dabable

3 Likes

Mine just arrived today. Hoping to fill 4 of these 1/4 pound bags

11 Likes

My pucks.

30 Likes