Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Kief and hash are similar but I prefer hash, smoother and more terpy as it locks in the flavors. Hash is also much better to store as it gets smoother and better with more cure time while kief tends to deteriorate with time.

I do like packing a bowl with bud at the bottom, then some chunks of hash on top, then all covered with kief. That’ll get ya going! Think I’ll do that when I get home.

16 Likes

Haha….gold!

I got high just reading that description :joy:

9 Likes

The Trim Bin is the real deal. Like @Audiofreak , I was initially put off by the price. So I sucked it up and bought it and couldn’t be happier.

Worth every penny…this from the last harvest.

PS: those redeemed Amazon gift cards work great for scraping @Hellraiser !!

11 Likes

Yes they do, reminds me I still need to make another temple ball from my Blue Dream harvest, kief still sitting in trim bins.

4 Likes

Dammit
I can’t afford it now but you have me convinced I need the trim bin

I’ll probably have enough to get one by next harvest :grinning:

5 Likes

Mrwormwood just take one of those ball jars you dont need anymore (grovebags) and everytime you see it (put in the fridge) put a dollar in it. It will be full very soon and it wont hurt as much.

2 Likes

Last week I put up 1.5 lbs in the quarter pound bags. I bought a stand alone sealer on amazon for about $30 (although I own a Food Saver). The stand alone allows me to seal the bags much closer to the top compared to the FS. If I’m careful, I think the bags could be resealed 4 or 5 times. Hoping the results are good, as I’m a lousy burper.

7 Likes

What sealer did you get? I’m looking for something cheap that gets the job done.

I finally fell victim to the busted bag zips

Contacted them 3 days ago and no response so far.

Still love grove bags (for now).

4 Likes

I had a whole order of 1/4oz bags where the zipper was almost melted together. Glad I wasn’t the only one.

Update on bags. Harvest friday. 5 days wedryer. Jarred it in big glass jars for a humidity check. 68%. So I said hmmmm. In a 1lb capacity grove bag it went with a meter. Half an hour later…showing 63%. Opened. Already recovering dankness. Resealed and forgetting for 2 weeks. Will update then. First impression…WOW.

6 Likes

2.5 hours. 64%. I am comfy now. In at 67 and an immediate regulate 3-4 %.

2 Likes

Anyone have a weight for the 1/4 pound velvet bag?

1 Like

@IP54 Nice dish there buddy! Makin me hungry! …and YES the Trim Bin is worth every penny as it saves all of the Trichs you would have lost on an average tray etc… @W.B.elpaso Nice lookin crop!!@Graysin I hear ya!!@Mr_Woodworm…just sell a little of your harvest to a close friend and your set!! :partying_face:@yourviolentpast luckily I haven’t yet experienced the "busted zip lock yet…just lucky I guess… In a nut shell…I love the Grove Bags .so far!

4 Likes

Takes just a second or two.

2 Likes

@yourviolentpast I’m using one of my wife’s old flat curling iron works great and does not stick to the iron
After warming up clamp on for about 3 seconds and it seals the bag I’m able to seal between 1/8"-3/16" from the top so I can reseal the same bag about 4 times for reuse

3 Likes

I’m on my second order of Grove Bags, and I love what they do. After the cure, I leave the weed in the bags for long term storage, as most do. However, yesterday I experienced my third zip-lock failure. None of the failed bags had been opened more than 2 or 3 times, and all were the smaller 6”x9” bags. I let the first two slide, but I guess now I’m going to see firsthand how good their customer service really is. I haven’t had any issues with any of the larger bags, but I have at least a dozen of the smaller bags left that haven’t been used yet.

1 Like

ahhh ouch!..ive been here and ive learned not to grip from the sides but to dig a finger nail into the ziplock itself to split it, sucks but i think they will take care of you at least i hope so

3 Likes

ok so have we determined that you should heat seal or will the ziplock be suffice for curing purposes?