Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Yeah I’m using this one:
General Tools MM1E Moisture Meter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CBLMTY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Can’t imagine they’re wildly different.

1 Like

Nah prob 6 in one half dozen the other lol
Old ass I am
My grandma used to say that
She also used to say …oh you thought …
You pissed your pants and thought it was raining …hahaha like why …

There’s also too many variables with the snap dry …
Some of the smaller buds with less stems attached will dry much quicker than the larger stuff …I didn’t exactly get to use mine on either harvest but would have really loved having one

Heck when I went to Germany in the Army 74-77 the very 1st night the guys in my room I moved into that day. Said “Do You Get High” I thought they would never ask. Because you have to be asked back then. I smoked my 1st bowl of Hash and OH My! These guys were mexican and they spoke between mexican and english while we played Foosball and I thought I was understanding mexican… Laughing so hard my guts hurt At home we had Vietnam Red also

4 Likes

Buds, harvested! (First “real” harvest!)

(Ran myself right out of Grove Bags, too, just had to order some more! Yikes. Lol.)

Excited to cure for a couple more weeks! Woo Hoo!

Just ordered some of the little eighth-ies for gifts, too. Going to have to come up with a cool design for my own, for the next grow!

17 Likes

The right bag and a few buds would make great xmas presents. I’ll send you my addy. LOL

13 Likes

There ya go! That’s the idea!

Lolol! :grin::v:

3 Likes

Congrats on the harvest

Nice haul bro! :exploding_head:

I bagged up 2¾oz into 11 separate ¼oz bags. Rh was in the low 50’s (between 52-53%). What kind of environment do they need to be stored in that can help get them up closer to 60% over the next couple of weeks?

3 Likes

They should slowly draw moisture from the interior of the buds and raise the RH. Apparently the best place for Groves is a cool, well-ventilated place. I have mine sitting on my kitchen table until my wife yells at me to move them (:crossed_fingers:)

My RH has climbed from 52 to 58% over the course of about 36 hrs. I’m hoping it creeps up just a bit more, but I know some of my buds were too dry when they got bagged. I had unexpected company and ended up two days behind on the trim.

4 Likes

So I hung my harvest whole plant in a 2x4 with 2 fans (not blowing directly on the plants) and a vent. I think it’s been 3 days and it appears to be dry (too dry) already. It didn’t occur to me that two fans and the vent at 8 was too much (lesson learned). To ensure that I’m using the meter correctly, I just stick it in a bud? Does it have to come in contact with stem? I tested this morning and they read about 10% UGH.

2 Likes

10% is OK, but time to jar or bag. And no need to come in contact with the stem. I went in at 10% for my smaller buds, and around 13-14% for the bigger ones. If your big ones are 10%, I’d probably use a Boveda 62, depending on when RH settles once jarred/bagged.

4 Likes

What he said!! :point_up_2::point_up_2:

1 Like

Thanks! Into Grove bags they go tonight!

2 Likes

Ive got some of my first outdoor harvest going in bags it’s been hovering around 68% so I have been opening or burping the bags for periods and letting it go down some then seal it back up. Should I continue or am I supposed to just leave it sealed and it’ll do it itself? @Newt @Audiofreak @Lacewing

Per what they say in the documentation, seal and leave in a cool well-ventilated area. They recommend 60 deg F, but never above 70. The “well ventilated” part of that makes me think that they have the built-in permeability to bring the RH down without burping.

All of that said, mine went in the bags at 62, since they spent the fist 2 weeks in jars, and I had worked to stabilize them there - so I would ass/u/me they don’t need burping, but others may be able to better answer.

2 Likes

If you in the bags and it’s still at 68
@Newt helped me solve this issue by laying out newspaper …Laying the buds on it for 20 minutes and then putting in a jar with a hydrometer to see where it settles
Repeating this process until stable .
Another option is getting a wood moisture meter on Amazon and measure the moisture content of the buds .

The bottom line is ypu need to get the moisture stable for the grove bags to work

If you put buds in them at 68 that’s where they will most likely stay as they do not raise and lower moisture content all on their own
They are made to stabilize it and that’s it
This is purely from experience and help from others

5 Likes

I also forgot to mention that the temp and the fact that it needs ventilation
I kept mine in a drawer and for 2 weeks they stayed at 62… but I believe the humidity increased in my home and because they were in a stagnant drawer it raised the RH
So I learned that from Newt also

1 Like

GSCE bagged @ 60% RH on July 17th
Ahhh so tasty…great cure, sweet, smooth.

@Audiofreak thank you! Growing good pot is one thing…using the moisture meter and grove bags… Just took the guessing out of finishing good pot.

I am about to harvest 2x Purple Crunch, 1x Lemon Frosting, Animal Cookies, & Sticky Icky all looking frosty at 7 weeks. No more jarring, burping… Etc.

I still keep a mini hygrometer in each bag… I have them so why not use them.

My personal favorite RH in these is between 60-61 RH… Terps and moisture are perfect for a bowl, joint… Etc.

11 Likes