Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Just bagged these 2 days ago and they read 59/62%Rh each.

1 oz bags. They were 11/12% on meter

10 Likes

Can you link/screenshot the moisture meter and those stellar mini hygrometers you’ve got in your bags? I’ve got a few weeks to gear up but I’d like to be ready. :sweat_smile:

Got this and the hydrometers on amazon. You will have no problems finding them there.

5 Likes

Yes, get a moisture meter. I put mine in when the moisture meter was close to 11%. I even measured the bud moisture when I could and it would be around 13% or so. My RH got up to 67% or so and I just opened the bag and let it breath for an hour or so. You may have to do this for a bit, just like the jars but I would think easier. Good luck.

1 Like

19 days in a grove bag

10 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I let them breath. Ok so I need a moisture meter not a hydrometer?

+1 for the moisture seeker. As someone who always jarred too early out of fear of drying it out too much, this has really helped. Instead of cracking stems every day, I just stick this thing in until it hits 11 and then into the grove bags.

6 Likes

Glass jars also hold humidity so whats the difference. Wouldn’t the bags have to exhaust excess humidity? If not there is zero difference between the bags and jars. The material of the bags has to breathe in order for them to work. Right?

Edit…I should add i have a bunch of these just haven’t used them yet.

2 Likes

In jars the humidity would creep upwards between burping. The bags hold it without burping. Are they breathable? Couldn’t say. Haven’t studied the “technology” of them. I just know the difference between the jarred harvests and bagged harvests are night and day.

9 Likes

The humidity creeps in jars "because " they hold humidity and don’t allow it to escape. The bags can’t hold humidity or they would do the same as jars and the humidity would climb. Thats what I’m saying.

1 Like

It’s semantics but I meant they hold the humidity at the same Rh they were when I bagged them. They are still the same RH that I bagged them nearly 6 months ago. The jarred ones are now down to 57 and 59 so they are dropping humidity as the time goes on.

4 Likes

All I can say is that whatever they do, they are superior to jars and burping. From the ease of putting them away and forgetting about them, (they don’t smell) and you’re not having to burp them which keeps you out of them, to the end product after 4+ weeks of curing. 100% satisfied.
I’ve bought them 3 times now.

7 Likes

So if someone bagged at 70% you would have to burp them like jars? I guess I just don’t understand what makes them different than jars.
I plan on trying them on my next harvest but not really expecting a difference. My dry and cure game is on point.

The big difference for me is that I have 100 1oz bags in a drawer versus 3 shelves of jars and the bags are cheaper. If they both perform the same function, I’m still better off with the bags because they take less space it doesn’t matter if my stupid ass knocks one off the shelf. This has happened more than once. Broken glass etc…

In the end we can only give our opinions. For me, won’t ever do jars again. I have found that there is much less effort involved with grove bags than jars and they are much easier to deal with. Your results may vary.

6 Likes

Bought a bunch of these bags because of all the praise heaped on them by everybody. Nobody had a bad word to say about them. So first shipment was wrong, ordered oz. bags with windows n received oz without windows. They promptly sent new bags, with windows at no charge, what great customer service I thought, plus a bunch of free bags it just doesn’t get any better. Well broke out the window bags today to stuff with my recent harvest n the zipper lock isn’t glued, connected, r attached, on one side of the bag. So after a quick once over, n 6 of the bags ziplock closures were not attached or had gaps where they should be attached. Checked my curing bags n 2 had gaps n the ziplock. These bags ain’t all there made out to b, everyone can disagree n I really don’t give a crap, wait till it happens to u.

2 Likes

I believe they acknowledged a manufacturing problem from several months ago that they will replace 1:1. I personally have not experienced a problem, but if you have, reach out to them and let them know. It’s just going to help them make the product better and you’ll probably get some freebies.

When did you order the ones that are having issues?

8 Likes

No they’ll need to be pulled out. If you’re gonna bag wet bud, then they’ll need to be pulled out and dried more.

When I first got the bags I was a little weary because they were just Mylar type bags and didn’t want to ruin a harvest on them so I bagged half and jarred half. The buds went into the jars and bags at 59% for one plant and 61% for the other plant. The bud in the jars would increase in RH, as usual, between burping until they finally settled on an RH a week or two later. The ones in the bags never moved from what they were bagged at. They are still sitting at the Rh they were bagged at but the jars are dropping in RH. The bags still smell fresh. The jars still smell good but more dull in comparison. I’m going to keep 1bag and 1jar of that harvest for a year and see what the difference is then.

13 Likes

I have been trying to keep up with this topic and just received my order of bags today. Reminds me I need to get a moisture meter and some hygrometers. Regarding the discussion above, This will be my first harvest from my first grow. This brochure came with my bags today. If it is wrong of me to post these pictures then would a moderator please delete the photos or the entire comment. It says “packaging that can generate and maintain optimal oxygen levels. Grove Bags are made from high barrier films with very specific gas and water vapor permeability properties”.

This on drying.
This on sealing and storing.
Again, apologies if posting those pics is out of bounds. I liked what I read here about them and just got my first order from them today. I don’t know if others got this pamphlet with the bags. I have no idea personally how well they work.

11 Likes

@skippyisnohippy, nothing wrong with passing along some knowledge, that’s why I’m on the forum, literally everybody will help if they can. Congrats on ur first harvest, pot never tasted better.

2 Likes

Pics are fine. Never got that documentation with mine.

2 Likes