Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Lol, this BlackBerry Kush is the only one that didn’t have a fantastic smell from flower to finish, it still has a little bit of a green smell, i’m still just a little bit skeptical.:thinking:

I can smell outside the bag…probably because my zippers are broken. :unamused: About 1/2 of mine have zippers that are not attached to the bags correctly…sending an email today.

1 Like

Heat seal em woth a hair straightener

2 Likes

I smoke daily out of a bag. I dont notice any odor untill I open the bag to get a bud out. If I open my tent a little the whole room smells of skunk, if I open the lung room door the whole house will stink real good. So my nose works well. If i put my daily smoke in a ziplock bag i can smell it very strong thru out the the neer area… Nothing “seeping” out of the bag.

4 Likes

I have a couple bag sealers…that will work. But…zippers should still work no?

1 Like

Should but not always

But thats any bag or anything that is mass produced. Sometimes u just get doodoo zippers or maybe they are just tough zippers to use

I do agree about the mass produced products sometimes being faulty, but I have used thousands of zippered bags and have had maybe a couple with zipper failures. This seems like a production issue to me. I sent an email…we’ll see what they say.

2 Likes

I had mine in quarter pound bags and kept them in my closet, I only zipped them and still had zero odor unless I opened a bag up.

5 Likes

Gidday guys tried to get 20 x1 oz bags and 10 qp ones. $50 but$104 shipping to oz. thought that bit much.

2 Likes

I find opening the 1/4lb bag a bit difficult. What works for me is grabbing one side of the closure with a needle nose pliers and that helps work the two sides apart. If you don’t grab the correct side to split open, you’ll rip the closure off the bag. Not easy by any means.

So far I don’t have any odor…but that could be a deal breaker if it gets too bad.

Oh yea way back like 150 posts ago you guys were talking about these wood checkers for checking dryness so I bought one and have been doing tests and so far stabbing the thicker main stem and get 16 % got me roughly 65% so 14.5-15.5 is pretty close to perfect and that way you don’t have to stab the buds and trying to accurately stab the tiny stems at the bud base is a pain in the azz

ohh and here she is bagged up (1/2lb bag)roughly 4.5 ounces of super high quality buds a full ounce of popcorn buds I gave to me mom to cook with and 1/2 once of trim

11 Likes

Recomend you test the bud itself, at least that’s what Grove Bags recommends

2 Likes

Well, I just dried as usual (7 days) and bagged mine up along with a humidistat in each bag. They were all between 60-65% so I just left them alone for 4 weeks. I planned that if they were too high in humidity I would just leave the bag open for a few hours up to maybe a whole day to get it right.
I mean, come on, we’ve been jarring this stuff and burping for years and now we need a new electronic device to tell us they’re ready to cure?
I already bought humidistats, I don’t need to spend more money.
I guess I just don’t want everyone thinking that now they have to get this in order to use the bags. Just use them for curing, I was not only happy about not having to burp jars, the cure in 4 weeks was superior to any curing process I’ve used over the years.

4 Likes

I get that and understand however for myself with little expierance I’m unsure of the “dryness” level via snapping branches. The moisture meter tells me the moisture contant without any guesswork. For me it’s a game changer… a few more grows I may gain the expierance needed to hit it right by observation. But untill then I’ll use the meter.

5 Likes

Which meter did you get? I’m thinking about getting one asap…will help me while I learn.

“training wheels” sorta…lol

2 Likes

This is the one I got

5 Likes

I consider it a tool not unlike the ph pen and TDS meter. Just helps make more accurate decisions.

5 Likes

I chose the mmd4e because the accuracy of digital displays but it was also decently more pricey also dont stab yourself it fcked up the heat sensors In my middle finger for 5 day everything felt hot

2 Likes

Ya those pins are sharp a hell.

2 Likes