Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

I dropped 25.00. I’ve lost more in the couch.

9 Likes

Threw an ounce in one to see if there’s any difference between the jars and bags

33 Likes

Kegco 3PSD-7340J Carboy, 7 Gallon, Clear Amazon.com

1 Like

Did you stick a hydrometer in there? Courious if it holds 62%.

I haven’t yet. Will do when I get back. The jack that’s in there was dried to 59% and holding so we’ll see if it changes since they’re supposed to hold them at 58-62.

3 Likes

I’m using them for curing with my last harvest.

So far buds look to be curing quicker in the grove. Trics and smell seem to be ahead of jars

I’m 3 weeks into cure with 8oz in them now.

28 Likes

Don’t mind the trimming on those buds. Best part I haven’t had to burp once…

Plan on posting a full comparison 4 weeks into cure.

9 Likes

@PharmerBob

That’s pretty awesome, I want to order one but I’m too cheap to pay $70.

I was thinking of using my 5 lb protein tubs, I never throw them out and I have a couple that are clear tinted plastic. The seal isn’t perfect, and it’s plastic, but BPA free, and the price is right.

I almost converted some to planters, but figured they were a little too small.

1 Like

@STC_Cultivator do they emit any smell? ie If I have a few bags sitting in my bedroom will my room smell like weed?

1 Like

Not one bit of smell, once the RH is stable seal that bag with food saver and your set. Blocks uv too

4 Likes

Alright, after 3 hrs

15 Likes

No way wtf , that’s crazy

1 Like

Looks like ima get me some bags, for a freshman in curing this will help me get an idea of where I need to be

I’ll be stuffing this girl in some bags pretty soon.

28 Likes

The buds need to already be in the cure zone (58-62%) and then put in the bags. I have some fresh crop that I jarred up at 65% and they’re still sitting at 65 inside of the bags. The bags seem to just keep the humidity of the bud when they’re put into the bags, not raise or lower it.

14 Likes

Great thank you for the tip , so I have to get them there first then basically you don’t have to burp them after

1 Like

That’s the theory. My first run with them. Have half in jars and half in the bags. I’ll have a better idea in about 3 months

3 Likes

Thank you for the info

1 Like

So once I get my jars to 62 I can stop burping Bobby?

Not with jars. They’ll need to be burped at least twice a day for the first week. Once a day the week after and then periodically after that. These grove bags are supposed to eliminate burping.

6 Likes