Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

I just tested the meter and it reads 18.2% on wood so it’s okay per guide
I also tested the battery voltage it’s reading 9.4V

If the meter is properly calibrated, the displayed reading will be 18.3% ± 1% in the Wood Measurement mode.

1 Like

Easier to type RH then spell out moisture did not know we needed to be so technical everyone understands what we are Checking (I hope)

No Insult intended. With the terms being confused it could really confuse other readers.

3 Likes

Then it’s in spec. Likely your hygrometer then. Those have a +- 3% usually. You may be sitting closer to 57%. At 59% I was around 10 on the meter.

3 Likes

I have used these for a few harvest my self now. I use a 1/4 - 1 lb bag to dump every thing in. After it cures. I will break it down if I need. I add a little humidity gauge in each bag to check on them with out opening them. My smells always come out good right out of the tent. And get better with the cure. One thing I have noticed is I need to go into the bags a little dry. After a few days. The humidity will rise a couple %. These really are hard to beat. No burping, cheaper than mason jars and they store flat. I haven’t found any thing not to like with these. :grin:

13 Likes

I got them for $1 per bag on Amazon.
Humi-Smart Cannabis to-go bag with 62% 8G pack

3 Likes

Keep us posted on how they work out I don’t see any reviews for them on Amazon.

1 Like

QP bags came in, LSD has been curing for a couple weeks. Friggin digging the grove life!

Close to 1.5lbs curing in them at the moment and wouldn’t change a thang!

Happy curing!

16 Likes

Nice haul… I’m just a couple weeks from stuffing my bags.

3 Likes

Why are 1/2 pounders cheaper then 1/4 pounders I do autos so I usually only pull 3-4 ounces per plant do you think itll be fine to under fill them and can you go in and out of these bags without ruining the cure/ bag? Or should I just get half 1 ouncers half 1/2 pounders store majority in big bags and keep the 1 ouncers for daily use unsealed (I also agree boveda does not interact with Terps well over long periods of time so I’d like to transfer my old jars over to bags too)

4 Likes

This is a 1/2oz bag with 1/8oz in it and it is holding at 61% RH! So far looks as if you can store less than bag size…
platinum cookies in the bag. :v:
I’m not sure why the bigger bags are cheaper than the smaller ones🤔

2 Likes

I under fill mine. I want a little space in there so I can move the buds around some. The lb bags are big. I think a 1/2 lb would be good for most grows. I got the 1lb ones for my big plants. I love how they take up less room too as to jars. Now I have about 2 dozen 1/2 gallon and gallon jars sitting around. The best thing I can say for me is how great they are not having to burp a table full of jars each grow. Now I tag and bag them. I put the hygrometers so I can see them through the window just to check in on them. :grin:

6 Likes

I think the amount in the bag (within manufacturer’s instructions) is irrelevant as unlike the “jars” they have their “terploc technology” I think they call it and it releases moisture above 62% and maintain that Rh. Dont think the technology is effected within it specific design as far as volume goes. Un like jars you have to open to release the moisture which is subjective due to how long,what environmental conditions its opened in etc.

3 Likes

Pic to go with the above :point_up_2: post… lmbo

5 Likes

Is that just one bud in the bag???

2 Likes

There’s 3… The other two are hiding

2 Likes

Well low volume isn’t an issue …so far. Stuff one with full amount its rated for and probably see the same as I have. Same results.

2 Likes

I’m really excited to harvest and fill these with my BlackBerry Kush. She will probably be ready to chop this weekend

1 Like

I’m just a normal, average guy, love trimming, sit back wait for the puff, puff train to pull into the station. N it’s on puff, puff, puff, trim, trim, puff,puff,pufff, whoooo, whooooo, trim, trim, puff,puff,puff,puff. Easy pleasy.

7 Likes

I can’t wait to board that puff train.

2 Likes