Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Just got some Grove bags for my upcoming harvest of Blue Dream. I might have ordered more then what I need but wanted to make it worth it. Ordered 1 ounce, half ounce, half and full pound and some stickers. Iā€™ve always used jars so itā€™ll be a alittle change up.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of continuity to get an accurate reading because, essentially, all the calyces in the bud are connected to each other. Works perfect every time. Between 10-12% moisture content and youā€™re good to bag or jar.

5 Likes

I spoke to grove bags staff by email and they recommended themselves using a meter on soft wood setting, showed them what meter I use and all the settings and they told me the exact setting on my meter I use to check the buds with, definitely works brother

3 Likes

Hola!.. I started using a moisture meter with longer probes.
It helped iron out my ā€œrough spotsā€ in my drying, to grove bag cure.

Things havenā€™t been better and more consistent. Plusā€¦ If the buds were biggerā€¦ I had to press harder to get a reading with the old meter with short probes.

Here it is:

edited to add tag to link

5 Likes

Also regarding the airy-er buds. Just check the more denser buds, if the meter reads 10-12% then the airy buds are likely over dried, which doesnā€™t really matter too much anyway

6 Likes

Then it is the perfect opportunity to grow more. :grin:
I thought I had WAY over estimated my purchase the first timeā€¦and then place a second order four months later. They are just so nice and work so well!

2 Likes

I agree with you there. Itā€™ll be my first time using them instead of jars with humidity packs. Thatā€™s the problem with jars, after harvest, you have to remember to burp them or let them get air to get humidity out if buds are still abit wet.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think we can ever have enough Grove bagsā€¦ :joy:

8 Likes

a dedicated weed storage refrigerator,so you @Carpenter :rofl:

4 Likes

Heck ya!!! :joy:
Set on the lowest setting puts the temps at 56-57 degrees Fahrenheit
Love it. Just need to fill it up nowā€¦

6 Likes

Do u get any condensation in the bags after a while in the fridge?

1 Like

No havenā€™t had that issue.
RH can drop over time because there is 25% RH in the fridge.
Occasionally need to add a fan leaf to the bigger bags. 1/4lb and upā€¦ to bring the moisture back.

2 Likes

I keep one in my grove bag all the time. My opinion of themā€¦ great concept. Technology pretty cool. And they absolutely maintain those humidity levels. (If you dried the bud down to about 11 percent. And then put in bag. It works great. My only issue is that as your supply demishes. The humidy rises up to71 percent bit much.

I just finished drying latest and experimenting with the cold temp curing. Currentky. Inside the bag in freezer.
Screenshot_20220921-120335_Govee Home

3 Likes

Anyone not a fan of grove bags for curing? I could be wrong but since it keeps the bud fresh or green for so long it feels like my bud didnā€™t get a good cure on them. And it seems like they work a little too well at keeping the bud from drying out. I grew 5 different strains this time and none of them were really that great. I guess my upcoming harvest I will do at test between the two. I think Iā€™ll probably just use the grove bags for long term storage in the end. Picture of my Killer Kush girl just cuz :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with a little compare/contrast experiment. I would like to hear how it works. I havenā€™t used jars for curing or long storage, sometimes will have a little half-pint on top of my cupboard for the weekā€™s worth. I am interested to see what happens with your experiment, let us know!

1 Like

I just took about an ounce of zkittlez from Grove bag to jar for use. Itā€™s been in the bag for about a month. I had another jar with about 2 oz and a boveda pack curing for comparison. Itā€™s not even close. The bud thatā€™s been in the jar the whole time barely even smells. I opened up the grove bag to reload another jar and my whole bedroom smells of the funk. Getting ready to roll a couple and compare but I already know itā€™s going to taste better out of the grove bag too. Iā€™ll never attempt to cure in jars again. Grove bags are easier to use and have better results.

4 Likes

Just following up, my suspicion was correct. Tastes so much better from the grove bag. May be in my head but the effect seems better too. Idk but I can say for sure itā€™s an all around better smoke and experience.

11 Likes

I just took some Bubba Kush out that I set aside for a 6 month cureā€¦smells as great or better than the stuff that cured for 8 weeks. I do use jarsā€¦but just for the stuff I am consuming.

3 Likes

How do you use moisture meters? Iā€™m looking to purchase one, any recs? And is it necessary to use? Iā€™m about to harvest in ~ one week.

Itā€™s not necessary if you have the experience to know, by feel, when they are dry. The meter takes out any guess work. This is the one I used. Works great. To use them, just stick the prongs into the bud and itā€™ll tell you the moisture level. Set it to wood setting for the most accurate reading. Once you get to around 10-12% moisture then youā€™re good to bag them up.

3 Likes