Anyone used Epsom salt to treat possible Mag dif

Not a nutrient deficiency NUTRIENT EXCESS that will now only get worse now that he is spraying the leaves with cal-mag,

Lets get all of that info gathered in one place @Myfriendis410 has suggested and wait till we have all the information we need.

@Mike7 Please stop doing anything you are doing and provide the information requested so we can help you.

Your girls are a very short step to death and you need to respond in a timely fashion with the infor we have requested.

as well as an updated support ticket.

6 Likes

You da man!

1 Like

in pots, organic soil

System type? Led 600

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? OK in water. Never checked run off

What is strength of nutrient mix? Micro grow bloom. Advanced nutrients

Indoor

Light system, size? 600 led and 150 hps

Temps; Day, Night 80

Humidity; Day, Night. 40

Ventilation system; Yes,

I check the pH of the water with a test kit. The strands are gold leaf, ak47 and white widow.

1 Like

5 gal pot. Organic soil with 1/4 perlite lights are 12 to 18" away. No meter. I check the pH with a kit.

1 Like

Okay. Let’s tag @bob31 in.

Can you confirm the amount of nutrients you are giving them? You had written IIRC you were running 4ml/l of grow and micro? Not 4ml/gallon?

Your plants are in serious trouble and need help. I suspect nutrient burn that has been made worse by the use of ph test strips or drops. I suspect that they got fed outside of the correct range of ph but you couldn’t tell, but you nailed the ph just right one time with all of those locked out nutrients and your lockout went away. So they may have gotten a toxic level of nutrients. I would like Bob to weigh in but I think a flush with properly ph’d water will save them. You will in all likelihood lose all of the damaged leaves.

1 Like

They are looking no better if anything worse. Please help. They are dying… I hadn’t done any nutrients until last week they are 8 weeks old now. They were doing fine until about 2 weeks ago and I watered them with 4 ml per liter of grow and 4ml micro I attached a picture so you can see how much it tells you to use. I went with 12 ml of each in a 3 liter jug last week. the problems seem to be starting before then. But not getting any better.! Then yesterday I sprayed them with Cal mag. No change. KIMG1263|690x388

1 Like

The image didn’t load.

Do you have access to distilled water? If so, that’s a known 7.0 ph: high, granted but fairly benign under the circumstances. You will need to flush the plants, typically 3 times the pot volume. One of our growers uses a nifty trick: he flushes the first 2/3 of the water from the tap then finishes with distilled. If your tap water is high ph that could be a problem.

Immediately order a good ph meter. A tds meter is a good idea too. But ph is critical!

There’s not a lot we can do other than that until that meter comes in. Be sure to get Standard Reference Solution and ph up and down.

The yellowing leaves will in all likelihood die off but we should see some new growth. No nutes yet.

Tag me when you want to get my attention.

2 Likes

I think you feed them right but the pH was the fault for this and produce a nutrient lock … Like @Myfriendis410 said, you need a pH meter real fast and a tds meter(to measure the runoff and see if the soil is to hot) … I still don’t think them are suffering from nutrient burn…instead I think them are starving because the elements cannot be absorbed by the roots.
A flush will be dangerous for them but will be like a refresh…

4 Likes

Yeah, we might be saying the same thing lol.

2 Likes

I agree with @Myfriendis410 and @M4ur about a good ph meter but any digital meter is best
I believe its a ph issue as well and it will not get better until soil ph is corrected
Good advice guys ill ne following along to help if needed but @Myfriendis410 and @M4ur seem to have you covered @Mike7 just saw the thread
Mike what are you phing water to and nutrients mix when you feed them ? I may have misswd the info if you posted it sorry
A ph reading from your run off will be needed or you can do a slurry test if you had a digital meter to obtain soil ph reading

3 Likes

HEY! Welcome back!

1 Like

Thanks
good to be back i missed all of my Iglm friends
How things on the left coast buddy @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Busy busy getting ready to leave for Colorado and the Nebraska muzzleloader season.

There’s a picture of the shadowbox floating around that I’m presenting Thursday IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FRIGGING AIR FORCE haha! Just a bit nervous lol.

We missed you here!

3 Likes

Hahaha nice :+1: ill need to see if i can find that picture lol
Enjoy the trip and muzzle loader season :cowboy_hat_face: @Myfriendis410

1 Like

@peachfuzz @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Countryboyjvd1971 @M4ur. So I haven’t flushed yet… Should I. 5 gal of fresh pH 6.5 water each plant?

1 Like

Yes! The sooner the better.

1 Like

No nutrients yet? Just flush?

Yep… Just water, 6.5ph, 15gal of water each (if you have 5 gal pot)
After you slowly use 7-8gal of water you will need to check the runoff again, and you suppose to check it for each gallon you put. Hope this helps… Wach 1-2 movies on YouTube first
After you flush them you can mix a half dose of nutrients and feed them but not much.

2 Likes

I use Epsom salt about once a month and have had great results.

1 Like