Anyone used Epsom salt to treat possible Mag dif

Having major problems looks like everything’s going to die need a quick solution don’t have time to waste. they were doing great until I gave them the nutrients to micro and grow together…
Flushed with water last night and no change. Purple stems. Faded leaves. Dead spots. Help.
Strain; Type, gold leaf and ww
Also I just watered not flush. Should I flush and how. Won’t it shock it more? Plants are 8 weeks old
Soil in pots, organic soil

System type? Led 600

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? OK in water. Never checked run off

What is strength of nutrient mix? Micro grow bloim

Indoor or

Light system, size? 600 led

Temps; Day, Night 80

Humidity; Day, Night. 40

Ventilation system; Yes,

Yep… I use Epsom Salt… I put 1/4tbs in the 1gal of water… I personally use Epsom Salt every time when I feed or water my plants and that because I have a tipe of soil who needs magnesium.

5 Likes

Should I flush first?

1 Like

Maybe you can put a picture whit your problem in natural light
What is the pH value when you water?
What is strength of nutrients mix? Do you have a tds meter? You need to check the ppm in and out

I will have to get a meter. I check the water going in. And adjust the pH. I used 4ml per liter. Of each grow and micro. That’s the only nuts I have used. Was fine before using. I’m new. Not sure how to properly flush. Should I just add water till it comes out clear? Then add the Epsom salt and water again? It won’t let me add pics. I will keep trying to add them. Can’t copy from my phone.[quote=“Mike7, post:5, topic:16447, full:true”]
I will have to get a meter. I check the water going in. And adjust the pH. I used 4ml per liter. Of each grow and micro. That’s the only nuts I have used. Was fine before using. I’m new. Not sure how to properly flush. Should I just add water till it comes out clear? Then add the Epsom salt and water again? It won’t let me add pics. I will keep trying to add them. Can’t copy from my phone.
[/quote]

Wow… What is that… You need to take a picture in natural light or switch off the light and use only the one from your phone… Hit the upload button from the right - down corner if you use a smartphone.

1 Like

Whit what you check the pH? What value.?
What tipe of soil you use and how old is the plant?

Organic soil.

A week ago they looked like this…

The pictures are not so good my friend but I see some nutrients burn(the tips of the leaves are brawn) I explained how to take a picture in natural light up in the thread…
What is the pH value when you water/feed?
I also tag @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @garrigan62 @Hogmaster

More info on the soil? What kind of soil?
Size pots?

How far away are your lights from the top of the plants?

How old are your plants

Are you following the chart for those nutrients? What are you giving? How often do you water / feed?

pH… You have to pH your water that you give to potted MJ PLants. I will paste some options from amazon as possibilities

I have the cheap yellow meter, but the test kit with the drops and pH up and down will work. You can also get a test kit and pH up and down from a pet store.

What the pH should be, depends on what your growing medium is.

Apera pH Meter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENFOHN8/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?tag=greenrel-20

ph and tds meters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IEJOI9S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?tag=greenrel-20

ph meter only

https://www.amazon.com/Hydroponic-Nutrient-Calibration-Solution-Included/dp/B00PECAQ12/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

pH Test drops 1 ounce

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Test-Kit-1-Ounce/dp/B000BT32UA/ref=sr_1_8?tag=greenrel-20

ph up & Down with test kit

7.0 calibration fluid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0CKYK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=greenrel-20

@Mike7

Please tag us like we tag you with the @ in front of the username.

1 Like

You said 4 mill per liter which = 16 mill of each which = 48 mill grow,micro, and bloom to a gallon of water? Ya , unfortunately your girls are on fire , you just can’t see the flame…
You need to flush immediately or they will for surely die…
PH 6.5 water and 3 gallons for every gallon of pot size… 5 gallon pot = 15 gallons of water… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

And use only plain water but ph-ed to 6.5…after 6-8 gal check the pH and ppm(and you can check that when you get the first runoff to see how it is in the first time).
Don’t forget to slowly water and give her time to melt the salt from the soil.
I recommend to watch some video on YouTube first! Nutrient_Chart2

This is the chart for general hydroponics flora series!
If you feed 4ml per liter is not ok… You need 4ml per gallon(3.79liters)…

2 Likes

Update. I made a solution of call mag 4 ml for 2 liters and sprayed the leaves. Updated pictures from today. I have not flushed yet . Should I still flush?

So? You mix 4 ml per liter? Or per gallon?
I think your problem is not calcium or magnesium.
thenug-EmylnsvVWOthenug-WItBVPhsFa

1 Like

If i see good I will say you have a nitrogen and phosphorus defiency but I’m not a expert on this. Let’s wait for more answers please.
@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 what do you think?

3 Likes

Let’s get some clarity on the exact amount of nutes in play.

@Mike7 what are you using to measure ph?

Let’s get the information in one place

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

IMO this is severe nutrient burn but let’s pin it down.

He’s already fill a support ticket but he’s need to answer to some questions asked by bob31.
I personally don’t think it’s a nutrient burn, it’s more a defiency if you read the chart @Myfriendis410, take a closer look at them and see if you spot something else.
I was having this problem not far in the past and I flush but it was the wrong decision but I recovered after I give her a good feed.
The first picture (the tall plant) I think she’s more in potassium and nitrogen defiency instead of magnesium deficiency, the brown spots are closer to the tips, and the others are suffering from phosphorus and nitrogen.
If him is feeding exactly like in the chart may be the wrong pH level.

2 Likes