Anyone use Cricut?

Had this thing for a while, and all of a sudden the software won’t run. Tried updating it, tried updating the computer. It tries to start but nothing happens.

1 Like

have you searched the help center on the website? i had to google what it was lol

1 Like

Yes and everything I’ve read basically said it should be working

1 Like

dam, maybe someone will chime in that has one

1 Like

Sometimes the only fix is to uninstall and reinstall it. I don’t know the software if it is purchased and licensed or freeware. Depending on the situation make sure you have the necessary credentials to be ale to reinstall.

4 Likes

Yeah I went through all that. People complained about its compatibility windows 11 and then after going through the steps to get it working it still didn’t do anything. It try’s to boot but eventually the little loading box disappears and nothing happens.

1 Like

i keep holding off on that windows 11

2 Likes

Yes, Mrs low went through with the update. I don’t really use the computer much. There were reported issues of compatibility with the design space cricut uses. Others said to reinstall, and update windows again. I did. Even installed different versions of the software. Mrs low mostly uses it, but I paid for it. Like over $400 and now it’s not working. Super irritating. Other sources said there might be a fix coming in the next 6 months. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I figured it might be a long shot posting here but I’m getting frustrated.

1 Like

can you go back to windows 10

1 Like

That’s a good question

1 Like

should be able to restore it back to before installing windows 11, but dont quote me on it lol

1 Like

I’m going to see if that’s possible

1 Like

I’ve avoided Windows 11. Fortunately it can’t be installed on my machine. Win 11 requires a TPM module. I build my own computers and have never put a TPM module on my machines. I expect I will eventually be forced to go Windows 11, but it probably won’t be until MS stops supporting Windows 10. I put my machines behind a hardware firewall, so I don’t need the extra security. Most hackers will move on to an easier target if they encounter a hardware firewall.

3 Likes

TBH when I was actually into computers the only OS I enjoyed was Linux, and pre-windows xp. They’ve over simplified things so much now I actually find it harder to manage and don’t even mess with it if I don’t have to.

2 Likes

did you get it restored?

I haven’t tried yet, I know that used to be an option. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

$ for $ and hassle-wise, it might be worth just getting a cheap used Windows 10 laptop, and making it a dedicated Cricut computer. We don’t use it much anymore as the wife has upgraded to a newer machine, but we still have a dedicated Windows XP computer with the now-banned original Sure Cuts A Lot software that we use on the original ‘cartridge’ only machine to make it full featured… Over the years that dedicated laptop has paid for itself over and over again as the software after being banned was never upgraded to work on newer versions of Windows…

2 Likes

That’s a great idea, and might have to look into it. Thank you for your input!

2 Likes

@CygnusX1

Do you know any of this? I think you talked about it before.

Hey hey. Yeah we have one of the small Cricut machines and another larger format that I’m forgetting the brand of at the moment.

I’ve used the free versions of each of their respective softwares. The other machine uses Silhouette Studio which is a bit more robust than the Cricut one.

Not sure I can be of too much help as I’m a Mac guy and haven’t had any problems with either.

I thought they would have nailed it but the one thing I don’t really like with Cricut is their transfer paper and vinyl combo. It never really wants to lift we well as Orcal does.

1 Like