Anyone try stem splitting?

I am curious if anyone has tried stem splitting?? Its usually done a couple days to a week before harvest to improve tricome production. Its a stressing technique i have been reading about so i am curious who has heard of it and or tried it??

people here have definitely tried it. I have not.

@raustin?

I stem split. I can’t tell you if it actually does anything, but I figure there’s no harm in doing it. I like to drill actually, it’s easier and safer than splitting.

3 Likes

A lot of us have done it and the drill bit seems to work awesome I think @raustin started doing that Sorry talking over each other just seen your post

1 Like

@raustin drill bit is the only way to go :wink: so easy to do and works great

2 Likes

Yes, much easier than splitting with a sharp knife which can also be dangerous.

2 Likes

How does drill bit work? Drill a hole and thats it??

1 Like

Yep, I like to use a 1/4" drill bit, and I just drill a hole in the main stem. You can also drill multiple holes perpendicular to each other.

Interesting, it does sound alot safer than a blade lol. I am down to my last couple few days from harvestin my gsc and been considering trying this.

1 Like

Yes I stem split and its definitely beneficial and well worth doing,your already talking to the right people

2 Likes

Is there a time to split stem that is best, for example before lights on/off, before watering/after watering etc??

No, it doesn’t matter when you do it.

When is a good time to split? A day before, a week before harvest or ???

1 Like

7-10 days before harvest is the window to split the stem.

1 Like

@raustin you rock :wink:

2 Likes

Awe, thanks, @Hogmaster. You rock yourself, mister.

2 Likes

I always thought it was 2 days before harvest ,that’s what I was taught and I go by but I’m sure there is a few days in it

Two days really isn’t enough time for the stress to take effect in making more trichomes. You’ve got to give it some time.

1 Like

I like doing 7-10 days before but I still stab and turn

1 Like

Thanks for the info everyone. I have decided i am going to try it but not on this one, i am gnna to harvest it tonight. I have more GSC and OG kush in veg at the moment, i will experiment with 1 of each at harvest time to see if there is a noticable difference. May b putting that batch into flower in next couple weeks. Thanks

1 Like