Anyone surprised by their own product?

Like. I have been smoking since I was around 14 years old. That’s a long ass time (I ain’t gonna date myself here. :stuck_out_tongue:) and I have NEVER seen a bud (let alone smoked a bud) that had THIS many trichomes and was THIS beautiful! I cannot WAIT to taste it and experience it!
What say you? Have you ever sampled your own wares and just been COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY???
@Graysin @Newt @Myfriendis410 @GreenSnek @OGIncognito @Docnraq

16 Likes

I think we can all say we’ve been spoiled by our own supply. There are some places that do it right - trim with care, cure properly, and store it well - but that’s “top shelf” bud and sometimes it ain’t worth the $20/g gamble for maybe sh!tty weed. :rofl:

My parents’ poker buddy just told me the other day he rated my White Widow a solid 3.5/5 stars and said “if you can perfect your drying process it’ll be a 4” but that it was about 100x better than the street weed he got for $100 an ounce. :rofl::joy:

Meanwhile longtime smokers who haven’t had homegrown are just plain blown away by it.

I know @Mr_Wormwood @Lacewing @ThermoNukePanda are among those who are in awe like I am about their own supply

6 Likes

:neutral_face: what? Lmao. He buys street weed and and he gave your home grown WW a 3 1/2?
Sounds like the guy would be nonplussed by a high five from Jesus. :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I smoke my own always I don’t even like dispensary weed anymore. Never thought I’d ever say that. But that’s where it’s at. It’s amazing what you can do with a little knowledge

7 Likes

Do you find it to be a better product than the dispensary? I am in New Mexico and we JUST opened our rec dispensaries so…. There being a learning curve to cultivation, I would still drive to Colorado if I wanted to purchase some bud. Yeah. It sucks. Lmao.

2 Likes

Im located in MO and have my medical card. Let me tell you the dispensary has some overpriced garbage. I only go thru 1 brand now and they are literally about the quality i can get when i got street weed from my dude. A lot of dispo greenery has a rushed dry and cure process and you can tell in the end taste. My go to dispo sells an average oz for $265 and a top shelf oz for $325. My grow needs to hurry up already lol

8 Likes

@Graysin I’m not paying 40-45 for 3.5 grams of mother bleeping SMALL BUDS here in NY at the GD dispensary. I’ll tell you that :joy::joy:

I’ll grow my own amazing stuff thanks to literally everyone here.

I love this forum. You’ve taught me so much already and I crave more always

7 Likes

What brand do you prefer…I have not tried dispensary product here yet.

1 Like

@ThermoNukePanda i paid 150 an oz for some sunset sherbert small nugs. If im going thru a dispo thats my go to option i mean it all smokes the same at the end of the day and surprisingly it tasted really good and was smooth with a slight berry taste

4 Likes

:point_up_2: :100: on that statement :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

You know. This may just be a NM dispensary thing but instead of offering LEGACY, ESTABLISHED strains (Bruce Banner, Northern Lights, Afghani, etc) strains I KNOW and have a point of reference with, they offer all these wacky ass strains they just came up with so you have no CLUE what to expect! Like “can I get a quarter of Dave’s Favorite aaaaand an eighth of Half Eaten Hotdog” :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

@Spiney_norman Proper cannabis. Stay away from morgan county its freeze dried garbage. Literally can crumble like a stale cookie. Last time before that i had sinse and c4. Not as bad as morgan county but still not worth your money

2 Likes

Been thinking about one of these for convenience
Its a Proper Cannabis product

2 Likes

Im not a big fan of the pens. Used to smoke them like crazy 3-4 years back but something in them makes me sneeze like 3-4x per hit nonstop even the new stuff my buddies tried so i quit smoking them. They burn my nose real bad too. I dont think it would be a bad product tho just never tried it. Im wanting to try some of their dreamberry for my girl to get some good sleep at night

1 Like

I used the pens exclusively for a year or more and when I went back to flower I was like…. relieved or something. Just being able to see the flower and SMELL it. And I think the high is mellower. Not less stony. Just mellower cerebrally. It is SO much more convenient to use the pen. No ash. You can smoke it right in the grocery store if you’re quick. Wind can be high cause you don’t need a lighter. But something about flower is just right.

4 Likes

It’s an epidemic. Legacy strains are not really cultivated, largely I think because it’s a big company trying to develop their own “cannabis cup” bud and we see a lot of the buds from those strains they are pheno hunting. That’s my working theory, anyway. I personally have been trying to grow things that I know - or have a genetic lineage that I know- because there’s such an absolute lack in the NM market. I’ve seen Cinderella 99 occasionally- Jack Herer. Girlscout Cookies makes a surprise appearance from time to time. Everything else on the “oldies” list is rare.

2 Likes

Just realized that’s a vaporizer! My bad. That is was a concentrate pen.

1 Like

only 35 bucks so I might try one

1 Like

Honestly, I suspected the same scenario. It’s kind of wack when you go to these NM dispensaries for a strain you’ve never heard of and ALL of their product is sealed in an opaque bag that you CANT OPEN until you’ve paid for it and LEFT. Like. Anybody that has done a legit black market drug deal knows all that sh!t is red flags. :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Lmao same! Yeah still the same tho ive never tried vaporizers. I thought that was a dab pen. Ive tried to smoke dab exclusively before but like mentioned above there is just something about the flower that keeps me coming back for more

1 Like