Anyone seen these on the market?

While I agree with what you are saying, young children like 3 and 4 year olds cant read and dont read. They see candy packages and want to eat them. As a med first responder I have had the misfortune of responding to mire than one incident of ingestion by little ones. Its extremely sad! The most common symptoms are panic, increased heart rate, extreme fear and confusion, they have all said " am I going to die"? Then after we reassure them they will survive, then the ambulance shows up, the child is taken to emerge and given IV fluids and monitored for at least 24 hours. Shortly thereafter, child services shows up at the home to discuss the welfare of the children and the parenting skills. The key to this problem is access and packaging! Little ones are too young to be teaching the ways of cannabis!

4 Likes

These arenā€™t legally available for sale, this is black market candy for sure. This is in response to your previous comment about it being legal.

2 Likes

This, to me, damages the cannabis movement! Its terrible. Ive seen this before, plus there are loads of other synthetics being sold in fun packages too. There is a synthetic cannabis veing sold that is apparently quite dangerous!

2 Likes

Yes I completely agree that products of all ranges has definitely ramped up over the decades at gearing towards kids, with all kinds of things, mimic branding, flavoring, even the names we give products. Like you said a thought, maybe one that should be looked into more to maybe shift away from all products that are not suppose to be for children but appear to be gear towards them. BUT I doubt that will happen as everything is run by money, sadly. So hopefully us adults can be responsible and educate our kids(when old enough to understand) about cannabis.

3 Likes

These arenā€™t legally available for sale, this is black market candy for sure. This is in response to your previous comment about it being legal.

@HammrTime Iā€™ve only ever bought mine at the dispensary. But yes im sure there are a ton of this on the black market, same as the cartridges. Unfortunately.

2 Likes

If they are old enough to notice a difference in your behavior after partaking in cannabis use they are old enough to have a conversation with about cannabis. If people continue to hide cannabis like its a bad thing, things will continue to be a struggle for the cannabis industry, these kids are our future educate them.

2 Likes

There are ā€œSkittlesā€ and ā€œSour Patch Kidsā€ branded candy in dispensaries? Seems like those companies wouldnā€™t be producing thc edibles or licensing names and trademarks out. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Synthetic cannabis has been around for a moment, at least here in the states. Sadly horrible stuff and I hope no one gets their hands on it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never had the skittles so donā€™t know on those. I bought the ā€œsour patch kidsā€ in California while visiting at dispensary there. Im not huge on edibles so I dont look for them often but I really like sour patch kids candy so I got them. :man_shrugging:t3: didnā€™t realize it wasnā€™t normal to be in the dispensaries now you got me worried!

2 Likes

I definitely see both sides of the packaging discussion, but I gotta side with @KeystoneCops. The problem I see is that the candy packaging they are copying is specifically made to entice children. So simply by copying it they come off as aiming for that target demographic. And yes people should be responsible , but again as a parent accidents happen in milliseconds and it could be avoided by changing a bag.

4 Likes