Anyone seen these on the market?

Just wondering about these. Picked up some from my street guy

3 Likes

Lol no way it’s on any legit market.

4 Likes

Yeah I kinda figured that…they seem not that bad though. In my experience some black market sources can be trusted just depends on who ya know

1 Like

Gotcha, got a message out to see. :+1:
Sounds delicious.

1 Like

Haven’t had these before, but I’ve had the stoney patch gummies from a dispensary in California that are sour patch kids basically, Those were pretty damn good.

6 Likes

Those were amazing! Called dude back next day and bought all he had. Ha

1 Like

Nobody should encourage this kind of packaging or delivery. These look exactly like candy that kids are used to. So a class of 1st graders gets rushed to the ER, media reports on it, and it sets legalization back. Also, I’m concerned that kids might get high.

8 Likes

The Skittles are available in FL from what I’ve gathered.

That’s pretty close to home lol

You make a valid point sir

1 Like

I get what you’re saying because it mimics a popular candy but there also needs to be personal responsibility like keeping your medication locked up and away from children, because well they can’t walk into a dispensary and just buy it. There are lots of things that shouldn’t be packaged the way they are but they are.

3 Likes

Another valid point!

1 Like

That seems obvious, except we know a certain percentage of people (or their actions) will endanger other people in ways that innocent people can’t avoid.

Another factor that occurred to me later was that, even though the federal laws prohibiting cannabis are unjust, there are laws that are just; why infringe on a copyright to sell your grey market product? I don’t think the people who do this should be rewarded for their efforts.

If I look closely at that skittles package, I see iconographic clues to the cannabis content. But the package resembles a popular candy so closely that most people won’t think twice, especially a kid. How many of you had parents who thought they were successfully hiding something from you?

I think it would be really tragic if anyone accidentally ingested these thinking they were regular Skittles, and to me the responsibility lies mostly with the person who produced them.

3 Likes

I would definitely vote to have the warning much bigger on the packaging so its clearly obvious to whoever looks at it, if they are at an age they can’t read, definitely should be kept away from them. Kinda like when you were a toddler and drank your fathers beer because you thought it was a soda pop can. Gotta keep those beers a little higher.

Unfortunately the black market will always be around. Or at least for a long time to come.

Maybe it’s not about hiding the fact its THC, we should have conversations with our kids if we are ingesting THC while they are in your house hold, they will be old enough at a point to know you are a little different at times. Keeping the conversation open about marijuana is key to keeping the legalization going. Kids are smarter than we will ever give them credit for. We think we hide things from them but we don’t. Again its not about hiding them its about keeping them locked away around children. Kinda like people lock their alcohol up. My parents sure didn’t but had plenty of friends who parents did.

The responsibility in my opinion will always rest with the person who purchased the product. Doesn’t mean people don’t think about their actions, for example, someone who purchases marijuana for someone underage, if for some reason that underage person gets hurt, the person who purchased it and gave it to them is responsible, not the grower of the flower because they grew a strain this underage person liked a lot and wanted it.

I think the packaging could improve with much bigger warnings but I still think it’s ok to play off popular brands because that’s how marketing works with everything. Literally everything.

3 Likes

Thats incredible! Super irresponsible! I cant believe any local government would allow that? That would definitely not be legal in this country and weed is legal here.

3 Likes

Right, and as responsible adults, anything cannabis should be in a locked storage cabinet of sorts.

4 Likes

Yeah personal responsibility for sure. BUT as you said MEDICATION should be locked up. Medication should also be packaged as medication and not candy, whose marketing has been refined for decades to entice children. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I also agree with this.

4 Likes