Anyone know whats wrong? Not ILGM seeds

This is a seed that has been sitting in paper towels for 6 days. room temp 72* in-between 2 plates. The towels stay damp not wet and never dried out once. What is wrong with this seed? Most of the seeds I’ve gotten don’t seem to be germinating. I had 4 or 5 come out with a mushy tap root that never grew into anything. The few i have managed to germinate only 2 plants have actually made it. Am I doing something wrong with germination? Spent a lot of money to just keep getting lousy results.

2 Likes

Try wet instead of damp and see what happens, worth a shot.

1 Like

looks almost like the tap root is dead looks black in color at the tip of the seed. if you look at it close.

1 Like

It shouldn’t take but a few days to germinate. I soak my seeds first. A glass with water and peroxide (50/50). I leave them there for a day or until they crack open. If they do, I put them in the dirt. If not I place them in a paper towel for another day. If they crack, in the ground they go. I might wait another day, but I’ve never had to.

5 Likes

@oldmarine I think the seeds i bought are bad. I have tried every germination type except pellets which i just placed 2 to see. Never thought bought the 50/50 mix though, thanks for the tip I’ll have to try that. :slight_smile:

I understand ur frustration ur going through where did u get ur seeds from i would be asking for a refund or a replacement .But here is a new way to germinate ur seeds ,get ur self some makeup removel pads just the cotton ones ,now place a pad on a plate spray the pad with water just tap water place seed or seeds on to the pad place another pad on top of the seeds and spray with water now cover the plate with plastic wrap and put three small holes in the plastic wrap now put it in a dark warm place within 24-30 hours your seeds should pop ,i have had 100% strike rate with this method and if ur seeds dont pop with this method there duds

1 Like

@Aussie_autos I got them from Homegrown Cannabis company. I have asked for a replacement, and they are sending me them, though you’ll only get to get 1 refund for the order and since then they still don’t germ for me. I’ll gladly try the cotton pads and see what happens. got nothing to lose right. Unfortunately, I have to deal with what I got. I do have some coming from here so hopefully I’ll have better luck. :slight_smile:

How warm is the area you’re germing the difference from germing at 68° vs 80° can go from a 60-70$ success rate to 80-90%

1 Like

I hope you have some luck soon @FGS2021 i hope u can get a few germinated so u can grow monsters

@GreenSnek as i mentioned in the description its always 72* where they have been kept.

@Aussie_autos i do have a Cream Autoflower growing that is about 3 weeks old and growing fast :wink:

Warm it up to 80 deg. You’ll have better results.
:v:
You can put them on your cable box.
Heat pad is better.

2 Likes

@Oldguy I got a heat pad I’ll use it thanks for that. :+1:

1 Like

@FGS2021 Just raise the dish with a couple pencils underneath to keep a small air space between the pad and dish. It’ll keep them from getting too hot. :wink:
:v:

2 Likes

This guy cable box lol I think where on the same page here … sometimes… there just bad seeds I don’t want to discourage anyone but genes are important and it happens, but I’ve Ben known to use paper towel between 2 plates and set on the old pvr… nothing but gold …there are reason and there are results @Oldguy and reasons don’t count hahahahah but for real take that as advice cable box does a good job if you dont have a heat matt… well at least for me it worked … try it and see if it works for you

I agree. Normally this part is bright white, and looks dark. Seed may have been contaminated or could’ve just sat wet too long.

Follow instructions above (warm and wet) and you’ll be fine if seeds are viable. I’m also exactly wet paper towel folded up in ziplock bag on top of cable box. This method has been nearly perfect for me. Check after 48 hours then every 24 hours. Also, use sterile tweezers or fresh/clean nitrile gloves to handle seeds.

1 Like

Nice at least u have one growing for now do u have pics .im doing a GSCA and a critical purple auto both from dark wizard genetics

That’s my suggestion. Use a shit glass if u have one distilled water and a cap full of peroxide in the shot glass drop seed in that leave it set for 24 hrs. At 24 hrs or close don’t have to be perfect if seed is still floating tap it with a knife tip and see if it sinks if it sinks ur good I then take a piece of paper towel and pour the shot glass onto the paper towel on a thin plate of paper towel is not all wet wet it with more distilled water puddle it a bit and then just dump off the puddle and leave the paper towel soaked set that on a heating pad on medium heat and leave it if not by night time next morning if seed is viable I should see a tap root appear if it does leave it on the paper towel wet not soaked in a puddle like before lol. Leave it on the paper towel til the tap root gets about an inch long then plant it gently as to not break that root.

1 Like

@Pheno i fully believe it’s bad genetics of the seeds i purchased. trust me i wont be buying from HGC anymore. i spent a lot of money to throw them in the trash cause they dont pop. i’ll try the cable box thing and the heat pad i got and see.

@Aussie_autos i’ll post a pic of her. i fimmed her and she responded very well to it. she is now starting to sprout the 4 new shoots. she is 27 days old and about 7 inches tall. she’s behind schedule though cause of the soil im using i believe, also had to deal with a Fungus gnat issue. i have FFOF for my next grows if i could just get something to pop.

1 Like